The GOP primary has probably been the best thing to happen to Hillary Clinton in years. There was a period of time during the spring and early summer of last year when it seemed as if nobody could talk about anything except Hillary’s emails and the various investigations into the horrible events at Benghazi. You couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting some story about the former Secretary of State being corrupt, deceptive or just plain lying. (Ah… good times, my friends.) But then the Republican race heated up, our candidates began flinging monkey poo at each other, several parts of the western world caught fire and most of the discussions of Hillary seemed to fade into the past.
Not entirely, however. Our friend Jeff Dunetz has a great story over at his place to kick off the year and it deals with a recent Q&A that Clinton did with the editorial board of the Conway Daily Sun. In it, the editors asked her some rather pointed questions about the initial response to the Benghazi attacks and why she told one group of people one story while singing another tune entirely for others.
Hillary Clinton was confronted with her conflicting stories about the reasons for the attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, Libya, and answered by throwing the victims’ families under the bus. She suggested they lied, because she never told them about the attack being caused by an offensive video. Perhaps they got caught up in “the fog of war.”
Sun Columnist Tom McLaughlin asked the video vs. planned terrorist attack question. He reminded Clinton that she “told an Egyptian diplomat the Benghazi attack was planned and not a protest but that she told family members of the deceased that the attack was the result of a demonstration. He said she then told George Stephanopoulos that she didn’t tell the families the attack was a demonstration about a film.”
“Somebody is lying,” said McLaughlin.”Who is it?
Clinton replied, “Not me, that’s all I can tell you.”
At the time, Clinton said, everyone was emotionally distraught. She said some families didn’t know their sons were working for the CIA or were in Benghazi. Clinton said the information she had about the attack was from the intelligence community.
Read more: hotair.com
- One School has Armed Their Staff with Guns After Florida Shooting — Good Idea?
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Army Awards Slain JROTC Cadets for Their Heroism During Parkland School Shooting
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- WATCH: Classmate of Nikolas Cruz Reported Him Multiple Times and Claims ‘He talked about killing our friends’
- Bug out Guns: 7 Best Firearms for your Bug out Arsenal
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- President Trump Hammers #MeToo Movement — Do You Agree With Him?
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Why Women Should Shoot Full-Size Guns
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Hey Ladies: Here is a List of Compact 9mm Concealed Carry Guns that Cost Less Than $600
- VIDEO: Students ‘Protest’ Gun Violence by Laying Around Doing Nothing
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class