The GOP primary has probably been the best thing to happen to Hillary Clinton in years. There was a period of time during the spring and early summer of last year when it seemed as if nobody could talk about anything except Hillary’s emails and the various investigations into the horrible events at Benghazi. You couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting some story about the former Secretary of State being corrupt, deceptive or just plain lying. (Ah… good times, my friends.) But then the Republican race heated up, our candidates began flinging monkey poo at each other, several parts of the western world caught fire and most of the discussions of Hillary seemed to fade into the past.
Not entirely, however. Our friend Jeff Dunetz has a great story over at his place to kick off the year and it deals with a recent Q&A that Clinton did with the editorial board of the Conway Daily Sun. In it, the editors asked her some rather pointed questions about the initial response to the Benghazi attacks and why she told one group of people one story while singing another tune entirely for others.
Hillary Clinton was confronted with her conflicting stories about the reasons for the attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, Libya, and answered by throwing the victims’ families under the bus. She suggested they lied, because she never told them about the attack being caused by an offensive video. Perhaps they got caught up in “the fog of war.”
Sun Columnist Tom McLaughlin asked the video vs. planned terrorist attack question. He reminded Clinton that she “told an Egyptian diplomat the Benghazi attack was planned and not a protest but that she told family members of the deceased that the attack was the result of a demonstration. He said she then told George Stephanopoulos that she didn’t tell the families the attack was a demonstration about a film.”
“Somebody is lying,” said McLaughlin.”Who is it?
Clinton replied, “Not me, that’s all I can tell you.”
At the time, Clinton said, everyone was emotionally distraught. She said some families didn’t know their sons were working for the CIA or were in Benghazi. Clinton said the information she had about the attack was from the intelligence community.
Read more: hotair.com
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- ROAD RAGE: This Guy Wants Everyone to Know What he Thinks of Obama and It’s Awesome [PHOTO]
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- ANTIFA: Violence is Necessary
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- AUNT FROM HELL: ‘The Law Said I HAD To Sue’
- Woman Arrested after Trying to Flush Newborn Baby Down the Toilet
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- PERV ALERT: Group of Brooklyn Teens Grope Several Women
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles