An intelligence community review has re-affirmed that two classified emails were indeed “top secret” when they hit Hillary Clinton’s unsecured personal server despite a challenge to that designation by the State Department, according to two sources familiar with the review.
The sources described the dispute over whether the two emails were classified at the highest level as a “settled matter.”
The agencies that owned and originated that intelligence – the CIA and National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency or NGA – reviewed the emails to determine how they should be properly stored, as the State Department took issue with their highly classified nature. The subject matter of the messages is widely reported to be the movement of North Korean missiles and a drone strike. A top secret designation requires the highest level of security, and can include the use of an approved safe.
The sources, who were not authorized to speak on the record, told Fox News that while the emails were indeed “top secret” when they hit Clinton’s server, one of them remains “top secret” to this day — and must be handled at the highest security level. The second email is still considered classified but at the lower “secret” level because more information is publicly available about the event.
The findings have been transmitted to the State Department, which continues to challenge the intelligence community’s conclusions about the classification of all the emails. But the department has no authority to change the classification since it did not originate the information.
Read more: Fox News
- Trump Admin to Send an ‘Army’ of Immigration Judges and Lawyers to Meet Refugee Caravan at Border — Do You Support This?
- Pro-Gun Parkland Shooting Survivor Kyle Kashuv Questioned by School Security for Going to Gun Range With His Father
- Is the #BoycottYeti Movement Gravely Mistaken?
- WATCH: Roseanne Barr Tells Jimmy Kimmel to “Zip That F***ing Lip,” When it Comes to Bashing Trump
- ALERT: House Voted on Impeachment of Trump, Results Were Staggering
- Illinois: County Declares Itself ‘Sanctuary County’ for Gun Owners
- Feminist Troll Attacks Pro-Lifers on the Streets [VIDEO]
- Obama: ‘I Don’t Believe People Should Be Able To Own Guns’
- WATCH: See What Happens when a Christian Walks Down the Street in Israel
- Greta Van Susteren Comes Out Swinging At Obama: ‘At Best, He Blew It. At Worst, He Doesn’t Give a Damn.’ [VIDEO]
- ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK: Donald Trump Goes After Hillary Clinton and Politicians are Cringing [WATCH]
- Outrage At NYU: Pro-Palestinian Activists Target Jewish NYU Students with ‘Eviction Notices’
- You’ve Been Warned: Medical Staff Told to Keep Mouths Shut About Illegal Immigrants or Face Arrest [VIDEO]
- GHOST GUNNER DESTROYED? FedEx Refuses to Ship 3-D Printers used to Manufacture Gun Parts
- WATCH: Armed Citizen Perfectly Takes Out an Armed Robber
- Loretta Lynch Slams Comey in Public Statement
- Poll: How Do You Think Obama Is Handling The Ebola Crisis?
- SHERIFF WRITES OPEN LETTER TO OBAMA: Tears Into Him for Not Commenting on Cop Deaths