The State Department said Thursday that it could not locate “all or part” of 15 e-mails provided last week to the House Select Committee on Benghazi by Sidney Blumenthal from his exchanges with then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
The committee chairman, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), who has raised repeated questions about whether Clinton covered up her activities related to theSeptember 2012 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, called the State Department disclosure “significant and troubling.”
It was the first indication that some 55,000 pages of e-mails from a private server Clinton used while in office were not a complete record of her work-related correspondence, and the latest turn in what has become a contentiouspolitical battle pitting committee Republicans against Clinton and committee Democrats, who have charged Gowdy with trying to undermine her presidential campaign.
When the existence of the private server was revealed, Clinton said she had discarded “personal” e-mails and gave the rest to the State Department. The department then culled about 300 e-mails related to Benghazi in response to a committee subpoena. Many were from Blumenthal, a former Clinton White House aide and a close friend, who forwarded what he said were inside intelligence reports from sources with access to the Libyan government between 2011 and 2013. The documents, which were publicly released last month, shed no new light on the Benghazi attack.
Read more: Washington Post
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Actors Blame Trump for Hawaii False Alarm — Jim Carrey “We are headed for suffering beyond all imagination.”
- Parents Shackled Thirteen Children to Bed — Starving Them and Forcing to Recite the Bible
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- 22 U.S. States Have Passed “Bring Your Gun to Work” Laws
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- New ‘Sanctuary State’ Signs Posted on California Highways Perfectly Describe the Idiocy of the New Law
- INSANE: Cops Kill Puppy that was Walking Away From Them [VIDEO]
- Report: Research Firm Who Made Fake Trump Dossier Admits They Used McCain on Purpose
- Robert de Niro Loses His Mind in Speech: President Trump is a ‘F***ing Fool,’ ‘F***ing Idiot’ [Watch]
- POWERFUL: Cop Stands in the Place of Student’s Deceased Parents at Graduation
- Watch: Chelsea Manning is Running for Senate and the Campaign Ad Will Make You Cry with Laughter