‘I do not know any progressive who has a super PAC and takes 15 million from Wall Street. That’s just not progressive,’ Sanders said of Clinton as he hit the stage first on Wednesday.
Clinton then provided the most awkward moment of the night when it was her turn to speak and she was asked by Cooper about taking Wall Street money for paid speeches after leaving the State Department.
‘Well, I don’t know, that’s what they offered,’ she said, shrugging off the $675,000 she received from Goldman Sachs as the audience laughed.
She then added; ‘Every Secretary of State I know has done that.’
Clinton and Sanders both smacked each other around a bit on who’s actually a ‘progressive,’ with Sanders reminding those watching that Clinton had once claimed to be a moderate – while Clinton slapped back suggesting that Sanders doesn’t have ownership over the liberal mantle.
‘I was somewhat amused today that Sen. Sanders has set himself up to be the gatekeeper of who’s a progressive,’ Clinton told the audience.
The Democratic candidates took turns at the New Hampshire town hall answering questions from the audience and CNN’s Cooper.
Early on, Sanders’ political ideology took front and center, with Cooper asking Sanders if he truly identified as a capital-D Democrat.
‘Sure,’ he said, as he ticked a number of leadership positions he held in Congress within the Democratic Party, even though he was not a member of the party.
Sanders is one of two Independent lawmakers in the upper chamber. He and Maine Senator Angus King caucus with the Democrats, however.
‘So, of course, I am a Democrat running for the Democratic nomination,’ Sanders said tonight.
The lawmaker was responding to criticism from a Hillary Clinton supporter, after he had noted that Clinton can’t call herself a moderate and a progressive at various times it the election.
‘All that I said, which is simply true, I think it was in November in Ohio, you may recall this … Secretary Clinton said, some people call me – and I’m paraphrasing. Some people call me a moderate and I proudly say I am a moderate –that’s what she said,’ Sanders said.
The senator said the former New York senator cannot have her cake and eat it too.
‘Some of my best friends are moderates, I love moderates,’ Sanders said. ‘But you can’t be a moderate and progressive. They’re different.’
When Clinton was asked about it, she used the ‘amused’ line.
‘I’m not going to let that bother me,’ she said of Sanders questioning her liberal bonafides. ‘
‘I know where I stand, I know who stands with me, I know what I’ve done, but I don’t think it helps for the senator to be making those kinds of comparisons because clearly we all share a lot of the same hopes and aspirations for our country that we want to see achieved and I don’t think it’s appropriate that Planned Parenthood endorses me or the Human Rights campaign endorses me, you know, they are thrown out of the progressive wing and put into the establishment,’ Clinton said.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- NBA Star Charles Barkley Disses Confederate Statue Obsession — Tells Black Community to Focus on These 3 Things Instead
- BREAKING: Barcelona Terrorist Found Wearing an Explosive Belt ‘Screaming Allahu Akbar’ — Has Been Shot Down
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- MEXICAN ACTOR WHO HATES TRUMP: Danny Trejo Shows Up to High School, ‘There is a RACE Problem.’
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Not This Store: Store Owners Stand Guard with AR-15’s to Protect Business from Missouri Rioters
- Girl Describes Horrific Testimony of Escaping North Korea [WATCH]
- BOOM: After Trump’s ‘FAKE NEWS’ Comment, CNN’s Stocks Take a Hit
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- All You Need To Know About “Assault” Rifles
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- White House Fact Sheet: How Trump and Sessions Have Combated Lawless Sanctuary Cities