Hillary Clinton agreed on Friday to appear at a public hearing before the House Benghazi Committee, her campaign said in a statement.
The hearing will be held in October, Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said.
Clinton’s acceptance of an invitation from Rep. Trey Gowdy, who is leading the investigation into the events of Sept. 11, 2012 — when four Americans, including U.S. Amb. Chris Stevens, were killed in Benghazi, Libya — came the same day that new questions emerged about her use of a personal email server for official State Department business.
Gowdy had initially requested private meetings with the former secretary of state, but Clinton’s camp had long insisted on a public hearing.
An inspector general review found that at least four emails Clinton had kept on her server were classified “secret” at the time — a finding that calls into question her assertion in March that she took care to avoid sending classified materials. The Clinton camp’s statement on Saturday morning did not directly address this finding.
News of the inspector general’s review was first reported late Thursday night by the New York Times — prompting a furious pushback from the Clinton campaign, which continued to attack the story on Saturday morning.
The Times altered its initial story after complaints from the Clinton camp, along with the Justice Department’s clarification that the inspector general had not requested a criminal investigation.
“Friday began with the printing of a story that was false. Entities from the highest levels of two branches of government have now made that clear,” Merrill said.
Read more: politico.com
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- WATCH: Ted Nugent Goes After David Hogg — ‘So Brainwashed’ He Can’t ‘be Fixed’
- Bill Clinton: NY Times and Trump Colluded to Defeat Hillary
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- VIDEO: Armed Citizen Kills Restaurant Shooter
- BREAKING: FBI Files Linking Hillary Clinton to SUICIDE of White House Council Vince Foster Go MISSING
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- WATCH: The Moment #Ferguson Thug Pulled Out his Gun to Shoot at Cops
- SPRING BREAK HORRORS: Cops on the Search for Naked Female ‘Who May Be in Danger’ after Seen Trying to Flee Group of Guys
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Formerly Known Boy Scouts Loses Over 400,000 Members
- WATCH: The Video Gun Controllers Are Terrified Of
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation