More than 70 years after his death, Adolf Hitler’s notorious manifesto is set to go back on sale in German bookstores.
Historians are readying a new, annotated edition of the Nazi leader’s “Mein Kampf” which will be released in January. The Munich-based Institute of Contemporary History (IFZ) — a government-funded research institution — plans to publish once the copyright to the text expires at the end of the year.
It will feature a total of 3,700 comments providing analysis on its content — which doubles the number of pages of the original version.
By 1945 — the year of Hitler’s death and the fall of his Nazi regime — more than 12 million copies of the book had been printed.
After World War II, the Allied powers gave the “Mein Kampf” copyright to the German state of Bavaria. It has refused to allow it to be republished out of respect for victims of the Holocaust and their families as well as concern that reproducing could breach German law.
Since then, the book has only ever been published in extracts in Germany. The Bavarian government has repeatedly warned that any unannotated reprint of the book would be subject to criminal prosecution for incitement to racial hatred.
However, English-language editions of “Mein Kampf” are accessible online in full and the possession of the book is not unlawful.
Read more: NBC News
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- When the Creatures of WALMART are Photographed…
- Starbucks Customer Nails Armed Robber with Chair and Saves the Day [Watch]
- Trump Attacks Everyone in Morning Twitter Rant
- If You Wear a Miniskirt in Saudi Arabia, Here is What Happens…
- Gang of 4 Stalk 50yr-Old Woman, ‘Forced Her to Perform Oral Sex at Gunpoint’ [Video]
- White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci is a Staunch Gun Control Supporter
- Report Reveals Officer Mohamed Noor was a ‘Diversity’ Hire for Police Station
- Liberal Journalist Calls Sarah Huckabee Sanders a ‘Butch Queen’
- Crocodile Returns Body of Man it Killed After Witch Doctor ‘Summoned It’ [Video]
- Kid Rock Already in Political Battle with Opponent, ‘We the People are sick and tired of their bulls***’
- Demonic: Group of Teens Laugh and Mock Disabled Man Drowning in Pond, Film the Whole Incident
- Woman Scares off Masked Intruder With Toy Gun
- BIBLE PAGE FUSED TO 9/11 RUBBLE: Discovered in Pristine Condition, What it Says Will Leave You in Awe
- Bill de Blasio Snubbed at Funeral for Slain Female NYPD Officer