More than 70 years after his death, Adolf Hitler’s notorious manifesto is set to go back on sale in German bookstores.
Historians are readying a new, annotated edition of the Nazi leader’s “Mein Kampf” which will be released in January. The Munich-based Institute of Contemporary History (IFZ) — a government-funded research institution — plans to publish once the copyright to the text expires at the end of the year.
It will feature a total of 3,700 comments providing analysis on its content — which doubles the number of pages of the original version.
By 1945 — the year of Hitler’s death and the fall of his Nazi regime — more than 12 million copies of the book had been printed.
After World War II, the Allied powers gave the “Mein Kampf” copyright to the German state of Bavaria. It has refused to allow it to be republished out of respect for victims of the Holocaust and their families as well as concern that reproducing could breach German law.
Since then, the book has only ever been published in extracts in Germany. The Bavarian government has repeatedly warned that any unannotated reprint of the book would be subject to criminal prosecution for incitement to racial hatred.
However, English-language editions of “Mein Kampf” are accessible online in full and the possession of the book is not unlawful.
Read more: NBC News
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- Trump UN Speech: ‘Rocket Man’ Kim Jong Un is on ‘suicide mission’ [WATCH]
- ISIS on the Verge of Losing its ‘Capital’
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Maxine Waters: ‘I think too much credit is given to presidents about how the markets are working…’
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Columbus Day Now has a New Racially Acceptable Name in Los Angeles, Explorer to be Erased from History…
- Trump Cuts Budget for Major U.N. Project!
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- Hillary Clinton is ‘Done With Being a Candidate’
- Buffalo Bill’s Personal Armory
- WATCH: ‘Innocent’ Lion Starts Eating Cape Buffalo that’s Still Alive… Then his Buddies Interfere
- Second Suspect in London Tube Bombing is a Syrian Migrant [VIDEO]
- Kaepernick Was About to Get Signed, Then His Girlfriend Tweeted Racist Message About Ray Lewis