More than 70 years after his death, Adolf Hitler’s notorious manifesto is set to go back on sale in German bookstores.
Historians are readying a new, annotated edition of the Nazi leader’s “Mein Kampf” which will be released in January. The Munich-based Institute of Contemporary History (IFZ) — a government-funded research institution — plans to publish once the copyright to the text expires at the end of the year.
It will feature a total of 3,700 comments providing analysis on its content — which doubles the number of pages of the original version.
By 1945 — the year of Hitler’s death and the fall of his Nazi regime — more than 12 million copies of the book had been printed.
After World War II, the Allied powers gave the “Mein Kampf” copyright to the German state of Bavaria. It has refused to allow it to be republished out of respect for victims of the Holocaust and their families as well as concern that reproducing could breach German law.
Since then, the book has only ever been published in extracts in Germany. The Bavarian government has repeatedly warned that any unannotated reprint of the book would be subject to criminal prosecution for incitement to racial hatred.
However, English-language editions of “Mein Kampf” are accessible online in full and the possession of the book is not unlawful.
Read more: NBC News
- REPORT: Hillary Got ‘PHYSICALLY VIOLENT’ After Losing–ATTACKED Staff and Had to be ‘Restrained’
- Informant on Clinton, Russia Uranium Deal has been Identified
- Skinny Dipping Biden: Female Secret Service Agents Hate Being Assigned to Biden, But Hillary is Worse
- VIDEO: Hillary Cries Hysterically After Losing–Blames Comey & Obama
- Self-Defense When Bugging Out: 7 Tips to Keep In Mind
- Bill Clinton Finally Being Targeted for His Sexual Abuse to Women [WATCH]
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- WATCH: Drake Defends Female Fans After Man Gropes Them During Concert
- Texas Shooting: Two Heroes Who Chased Down Shooter Reveal What Happened
- Father With a Gun: Daughter Saved by Her Dad After Gang Tries to…
- A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE: Syrian Rebels Release a Video of Them Shooting Islamic State Militants
- Senator Al Fraken Caught Sexually Harassing a Model
- New Muslim Barbie Comes Dressed in Hijab and Hatred Towards President Trump
- Gun Yoga, Is It a Real Thing? [WATCH]
- THE KILL LIST: Islamic State has Released List of American Cities They Plan on Attacking
- TERRIFYING: Family Trapped in Their Vehicle as LIONS Fight Over Carcass Under the WHEEL
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- WATCH: Judge Jeanine Rips Apart Michael Moore