A Phoenix racetrack’s horses remained under quarantine Friday as officials worked to get the upper hand on an equine herpes outbreak that has infected more than a dozen horses in New Mexico.
One horse had to be euthanized this week at Turf Paradise in north Phoenix, manager Vincent Francia said. The horse was one of three that arrived Jan. 20 from Sunland Park, New Mexico.
The other two are under isolation for 21 days. So far, they show no signs of the virus.
When the facility first learned horses in Sunland Park were testing positive for the virus, the three horses were tested. Francia said a nasal swab came back negative for all three and the animals seemed fine. Then one, a mare, was suddenly unable to stand Wednesday. She eventually had to be put down.
Read more: NBC News
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Report: NFL Refuses to Air Pro-Veteran Ad During Super Bowl Asking Fans to Stand
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- WHAT WOULD JESUS CARRY? Packing in Church
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless
- MSNBC Anchor Joy Reid Claims Media Favorability for Republicans is Only Reason Democrats Look Bad — Yup
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- NFL Star, Benjamin Watson, Delivers BRUTAL Truth Bombs About Blacks & Abortion
- ‘FCK DA POLICE’: #Ferguson Shooter’s Thug Life Proudly Displayed on Social Media