A Phoenix racetrack’s horses remained under quarantine Friday as officials worked to get the upper hand on an equine herpes outbreak that has infected more than a dozen horses in New Mexico.
One horse had to be euthanized this week at Turf Paradise in north Phoenix, manager Vincent Francia said. The horse was one of three that arrived Jan. 20 from Sunland Park, New Mexico.
The other two are under isolation for 21 days. So far, they show no signs of the virus.
When the facility first learned horses in Sunland Park were testing positive for the virus, the three horses were tested. Francia said a nasal swab came back negative for all three and the animals seemed fine. Then one, a mare, was suddenly unable to stand Wednesday. She eventually had to be put down.
Read more: NBC News
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- WATCH: Body-Cam Footage Released of Police Hunting Down Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- WATCH: Liberal Politician Wants to Make it Illegal to Manufacture Semi-Automatic Rifles, ‘Get Them Out Of Our Communities’
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- FLASHBACK: When Trump Said McCain Was NOT a War Hero–He Was RIGHT
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- WATCH: Chick Accuses Cop of Racism, Then the Body Camera Footage is Released
- PRINCESS OR QUEEN: THE 11 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DATING A GIRL VS A WOMAN