Guns.com reports an Amish man is suing the government over his right to buy a gun without a photo ID:
In a somewhat unique case addressing both Second Amendment and religious freedoms, an Amish man from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, filed a federal lawsuit Friday after he was denied the purchase of a firearm because he does not have a photo ID, an item which he claims goes against his religious beliefs.
Andrew Hertzler is an “active and practicing” member of the Amish community and, according to the suit, “has a sincerely held religious belief that prevents him from knowingly and willingly having his photograph taken and stored,” citing a Bible passage from Exodus 20:4. While such a belief wouldn’t typically be an issue within the Amish community, it proved to be a problem when Hertzler attempted to purchase a gun from a local dealer back in June.
Although Hertzler presented a “non-photo, state-issued identification,” he was denied the purchase and told a photo ID was required. Hertzler, in turn, took the issue to Sen. Pat Toomey, who forwarded the information to the ATF. But the response from the ATF was simple: Federal law requires a photo ID to purchase firearms and there are no exceptions.
Read more: thefederalistpapers.org
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- CA Democrats Want to Spend $1 Billion So Illegal Immigrants Can Have…
- 90,000 Christians Killed Because of Faith and Joy Behar Decides to Mock Them [VIDEO]
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- WATCH: Chicago Declared ‘Trump-Free Zone’
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Claims ‘Islam is The MOST Feminist Religion’
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- WATCH: Gang of Thugs Prove Why Every Single Woman Needs a Gun at Home
- POLL: TV Host Suggests Obama be Brought Back from Overseas by U.S. Marshals After What He Did to Trump — Do You Agree?
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- Thug Grabs the Wrong Girl’s Butt, Gets KNOCKED OUT in Viral Video
- WATCH: Sarah Palin Says She’s Never Been Sexually Harassed Because Everyone Knows She Has a…