One day after a shocking attack in Tunis killed at least 20 foreign tourists and rattled Tunisians, authorities are looking for anyone involved in gunmen’s brazen assault of the National Bardo Museum. Tunisia’s president says his country is “in a merciless war against terrorism.”
The death toll in the attack has steadily risen since Wednesday. Tunisia’s health ministry now says 23 people died, including a police officer. Two gunmen were killed after they wreaked havoc on the museum, targeting tourists who had only recently arrived at the museum on buses from cruise ships docked in Tunis. At least 40 people were wounded.
The victims reportedly include visitors from Japan, Italy, Colombia, France, Spain, Poland and Australia. Three people — including a couple who were traveling from Spain — had been missing until this morning, when they finally were accounted for.
In Tunis, Wassel Bouzid, who witnessed the attack after he finished taking a tour group through the museum, tells NPR’s Leila Fadel that he was smoking a cigarette in the parking lot when he noticed that a young man in a blue jacket was pulling out a gun.
“From the beginning, I thought it was a game,” he says. “I thought he was one of the guests playing with his friends.”
Read more: NPR
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- GARY SINISE SHUTS DOWN LARRY KING: On Gun Control in the CLASSIEST Way Possible and We Love It [WATCH]
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall
- Watch: ‘Blue’ is the Best Documentary Against the Green Movement — Proves How They are Destroying the Earth
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer