Illegal immigrants are suing the U.S. government for what they say was psychological and physical harm due to their detention, according to an Associated Press report.
The five illegal immigrants, all hailing from Guatemala, Honduras, or El Salvador, are seeking millions of dollars in damages and claim they received poor medical care and suffered psychologically from being detained.
Andrew Free, the immigration lawyer representing the plaintiffs, told the AP that the government’s use of family detention violates their rights and that the government fails to provide the “standard of care that they owe to these detainees.”
“We expect this will be the first in a large set of filings on the mistreatment of these women and children on behalf of the government,” Free told the AP.
Read more: breitbart.com
- CNN Reporter Claims School Shooting Survivor Colton Haab is a Liar
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- Thinking Past Step 1: Other Policy Changes to Improve School Security
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Report: Father ‘Chained His Twin Daughters in Home, Raped Them and Fathered Their Children’
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- VIDEO: Texas High School Plans on Suspending Students Protesting Gun Rights
- Nurse Caught on Camera Laughing as WWII Vet Dies Gasping for Breath
- Busted: Chick Tries Framing Cop for Sexual Harassment, Then His Body-Cam Footage was Released
- BLUBBER BUTT MOORE: #MichaelMoore Demands America to ‘Disarm the Police’
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Still Believes ‘Macho Atmosphere’ & ‘Sexism’ is Why Hillary Clinton Lost
- The cop-killer bullet myth
- Religion Of Peacer RAPES Little Girl, Years Later She Returns … With A VENGEANCE
- At least one Tsarnaev pal, Azamat Tazhayakov, arrested today was here illegally
- Authorities Confirm: 4 Times More People Killed with a Blade Than a Rifle
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives