‘I’m done’: ‘Rambo’ Killer Finally Surrenders after Going on Shooting Rampage that Left Three Canadian Cops Dead

Screenshot 2014-06-06 at 9.26.22 AM[Editor’s Note: A whole city on lock-down due to this nut and three cops lost their lives. What a tragic event due to a mentally unstable being. This just shows gun-control doesn’t work, it only creates victims.]

A gun-toting man suspected in the shooting deaths of three Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the wounding of two others in a rare case of gun violence in eastern Canada was arrested early Friday, police said.

Paul Greene, a spokesman with the RCMP, said Justin Bourque was arrested at around 12.30am.

The 24-year-old Bourque had been wanted after the shooting Wednesday evening in the northwest area of the city.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police combed the streets and woods of the normally tranquil city of Moncton Thursday in search of a gun-toting man suspected of killing three officers in the deadliest attack on their ranks in nearly a decade.

Michelle Thibodeau said she saw the Moncton man arrested in the front yard of her home. Thibodeau, 21, said she heard the suspect say, ‘I’m done,’ prior to his arrest by officers with guns drawn.

‘He was in my backyard. I saw him arrested in front of my eyes. He is alive,’ Thibodeau tweeted.

‘The swat team arrived at my house and unloaded and started screaming in my backyard for him to surrender and he did. I watched it happen.

‘They had him sprawled on my front lawn for some time and then loaded him into the swat vehicle. They are now checking my yard for firearms.’

Much of this normally quiet Canadian city of about 60,400 people was on lockdown prior to the arrest, with frightened residents huddled in their homes as Mounties scoured the eerily quiet streets in search of the man suspected of killing three of their own.

Bourque, 24, armed with high-powered long firearms, was spotted three times while eluding the massive manhunt that emptied roads and kept families hunkered in their homes in Moncton, an east coast city where gun violence is rare.

Dozens of police officers could be seen in a part of the search perimeter with their weapons drawn, some glancing around buildings.

Others, including members of a tactical unit, were patrolling streets within the cordoned off area. Armored security trucks were also visible.

RCMP Cpl. Chantal Farrah urged residents to keep their doors locked during a press conference Thursday afternoon.

‘Stay at home, bar your doors and be vigilant,’ she said. ‘I know it’s hard for families. You are in your house, you are locked, you have your kids, you want to go outside. But the police are saying to stay in.’

Police employed air support, tactical teams and canine units. Several hundred officers from New Brunswick and elsewhere from across Canada were involved.

Police spotted the Rambo-style Bourque three times since he launched his murderous shooting spree Wednesday evening, including one sighting at around 8am near Moncton’s Costco.

There was another close call Thursday afternoon when police cars and armored trucks surrounded a building in the area, presumably thinking Bourque was inside, but they later dispersed.

‘We received some information and did a search and it was unfounded,’ a RCMP spokeswoman told MailOnline Thursday afternoon. She confirmed that the suspect remains at large.

At one point, he was seen coming in and out of a wooded area, said Commander Marlene Snowman, who added that Bourque was not known to police, meaning that he had never been seen as a cause for concern by officials before his rampage.

Schools and government offices were closed, and the city pulled its buses off the roads. Mail delivery was suspended.

Commanding Officer Roger Brown said the two wounded officers underwent surgery for non-life-threatening injuries Thursday and he met with their families. One was later released from hospital.

‘The RCMP family is hurting. As is Moncton, New Brunswick and our country,’ Brown said.

The first reports of danger came at around 7.20pm Wednesday when Bourque was seen wandering in the residential area of Moncton in New Brunswick wearing military camouflage, a headband, and wielding two guns. 

‘He is very mobile and still considered very dangerous. Armed and dangerous,’ Roger Brown said in a Thursday morning press conference.

He has ‘long fire arms, long rifles but I can’t tell you anything more than that,’ RCMP spokeswoman Snowden said.

‘We know he had more than one firearm and we believe that he also had ammunition to cause damage.

‘He’s a young person in his early 20s he had high powered firearms… we’re doing a complete investigation about him about his history, about what sparked this.

‘There’s no question that we’re going to continue this search in order to apprehend him at all costs hopefully without further (fatalities).’

The only insight into the 24-year-old’s motivations behind his shooting spree come from baffled friends and his frequent Facebook posts, where he regularly shared photos and messages from anti-gun control groups and posts that criticized the police.

This article continues at Dailymail.co.uk

Share Your Comments
Trending Now on GJWHG