As we open the floodgates to immigrants (legal or not) along withtens of thousands of refugees, that big sucking sound you hear is taxpayer money going to fund entitlement programs like welfare and food stamps.
Breitbart reports an astonishing 62 percent of illegal immigrant-headed households participated in at least one welfare program in 2012, compared to 30 percent of native-headed households.
While there are restrictions on immigrant welfare use, the report highlights that such bars have not been particularly effective due to a wealth of exceptions.
“[T]hese restrictions do not prevent immigrant households from making extensive use of welfare programs because restrictions often apply to only a modest share of legal immigrants at any one time, some programs are not restricted, there are numerous exceptions and exemptions, and some provisions are entirely unenforced. Equally important, immigrants, including those illegally in the country, can receive welfare on behalf of their U.S.-born children,” the report explains.
Notably, immigrants admitted to the U.S. as refugees are immediately eligible for welfare, Steven Camarota, the author of the report and CIS’ research director, explained in an interview with Breitbart News.
“A person may work, but also create very significant costs for the welfare system. However, those costs are diffuse, borne by all taxpayers, while employers get the workers they want and the immigrants improve their lives by coming to the United States,” the report reads. “Focusing only on the desire of employers to bring in additional workers or the desire of immigrants to come to America misses the potentially enormous impact immigrant workers can have on American taxpayers.”
“When welfare is taken into consideration, allowing immigrant workers into the country to perform low-wage jobs is clearly problematic,” it continues. “It would, at least from the point of view of avoiding welfare expenditures, make more sense to hire from the enormous pool of less-educated natives not working rather than adding less-educated individuals through our immigration system.”
Is it any surprise that immigrants tend to prefer big government policies? If that’s the case, as conservatives how can we possibly justify any sort of amnesty program for the illegals already here? We are simply killing our own ability to slow the tsunami of the welfare state.
But immigration aside, there are other factors at work.
A few days ago I read a very pro-Obama article published by Politcus USAcrowing that “Obama Shatters Republican Fantasies By Posting Lower Unemployment Numbers Than Reagan.”
Excuse me? How can this be true? We have the lowest workforce participation rate in DECADES. Unemployment only appears to go down because more and more Americans simply stop looking for jobs.
Read more: allenbwest.com
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Bad Parents: Baby Found Starved Nearly To Death By Lazy Parents
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- Trump Ends Worst Obama-Era Policy: ‘America will not be held hostage to nuclear blackmail.’
- FBI HITS MOTHER-LOAD: Found 650,000 Clinton Emails On Weiner’s Computer — Warrant Obtained
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump