You may remember Mitt Romney from the 2012 presidential election.
He was the rich guy, largely painted as out-of-touch and about as fun and interesting as none pizza with right beef.
But like so many other American political figures, we tend to grow fonder of them when they’re acting human and not actively peddling an agenda to the public. Thus we have the Romney Renaissance, a weird period in recent months where the former GOP presidential candidate has gone from presumed water polo spectator to dude you might actually invite to the barbecue.
It started with Romney filling out a baller bracket for the 2015 NCAA tournament, and unfortunately, it will probably end Friday night when the former governor of Massachusetts fights Evander Holyfield in a charity boxing match in Utah.
New York Times Magazine‘s Mark Leibovich interviewed Romney about the bout, which will raise money for CharityVision, a nonprofit organization that performs eye surgeries on those with sight disabilities in developing countries.
Read more: bleacherreport.com
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Report: NFL Refuses to Air Pro-Veteran Ad During Super Bowl Asking Fans to Stand
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- WHAT WOULD JESUS CARRY? Packing in Church
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless
- MSNBC Anchor Joy Reid Claims Media Favorability for Republicans is Only Reason Democrats Look Bad — Yup
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- NFL Star, Benjamin Watson, Delivers BRUTAL Truth Bombs About Blacks & Abortion
- ‘FCK DA POLICE’: #Ferguson Shooter’s Thug Life Proudly Displayed on Social Media