You may remember Mitt Romney from the 2012 presidential election.
He was the rich guy, largely painted as out-of-touch and about as fun and interesting as none pizza with right beef.
But like so many other American political figures, we tend to grow fonder of them when they’re acting human and not actively peddling an agenda to the public. Thus we have the Romney Renaissance, a weird period in recent months where the former GOP presidential candidate has gone from presumed water polo spectator to dude you might actually invite to the barbecue.
It started with Romney filling out a baller bracket for the 2015 NCAA tournament, and unfortunately, it will probably end Friday night when the former governor of Massachusetts fights Evander Holyfield in a charity boxing match in Utah.
New York Times Magazine‘s Mark Leibovich interviewed Romney about the bout, which will raise money for CharityVision, a nonprofit organization that performs eye surgeries on those with sight disabilities in developing countries.
Read more: bleacherreport.com
- A Furious Mike Pence Takes on McCain After Senator Saved Obamacare [WATCH]
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- Japan Prepares for Mass Evacuation as Kim Jong-un Becomes More Unhinged
- Kimg Jong-un Replies to Trump: Plans to “Tame” the President with “Fire”
- Nun With Chainsaw: The Post Irma Clean Up Crew
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- DeVos to End Obama-era Campus Sexual Assault Policy — Plans to…
- LMAO: Washington Post is Turning Its Back on Elizabeth Warren, Label Her as ‘GRANDSTANDING PHONY’
- Trump UN Speech: ‘Rocket Man’ Kim Jong Un is on ‘suicide mission’ [WATCH]
- The Female Celebrities Go on Attack: Anyone Who is a Trump Supporter, Especially Women, Should…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: What Cops Have Discovered in Death of Eric Bolling’s Son
- BYE-BYE: UC Berkeley Loses Major Donor, Says It’s ‘For My Safety’