A privately-chartered Airbus 321 carrying 149 Christian refugees departed from the Kurdistan region of Iraq and landed in Kosice, Slovakia, Thursday. Each of the families on the plane had lost their property, livelihood and future due to the Islamic States terrorizing of the Christian Nineveh Plane in August of last year.
The operation was the result of weeks of planning by Glenn Beck and his charity Mercury One’s Nazarene Fund. To date, the fund has raised more than $12 million, with contributions averaging $100 per donor. The focus of the mission was the evacuation and resettlement of displaced Christians from countries like Syria and Iraq to new countries where the refugee families could reestablish themselves and preserve their religion.
“I am so grateful to the 130,000 individuals whose generous contributions made this journey possible, and I’m sure, if they could, the refugees would thank them, too,” Beck, who flew to meet the refugees in Iraq as they prepared to fly to Slovakia, said in a press release.
According to Beck, the Christian population has been in decline from the more than two million professing Christians who used to reside in Iraq and Syria.
“While the world watched in near total silence, their ancient churches and monasteries were destroyed, their children were sold on slave markets, their property was confiscated, and those who survived have faced extortion and continued threats of kidnapping and beheading,” Beck continued.
The operation was conducted within international parameters and best practices, according to Mercury One. Additionally, the security, logistics and vetting processes were orchestrated by Peregrine Consultants, whose staff used a vetting strategy that “exceeded present international standards.”
Read more: The Blaze
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Watch: Psychologist Leaves Reporter Speechless Defending the Right to Free Speech vs. Someone’s ‘Right’ To Not Be Offended
- Tragic: Young Boy Attempting to Save Paralyzed Father from Fire Dies
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- ALERT: Intel Officer Claims Obama Would be First Former President to be Charged with a FELONY if…
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution
- U.S. Warns Iran of Military Action, They Respond With a Slap to Our Face — Is it Time to Hit Back?
- Oprah: Supports Jihad, Genocide, and Falsely Accuses People of Racism
- THE NIGHT OF TERROR: Violence Continues to Rise in D.C. — Arrest Toll Climbs to….
- Robert de Niro Loses His Mind in Speech: President Trump is a ‘F***ing Fool,’ ‘F***ing Idiot’ [Watch]