There have been some recent developments on Capitol Hill. And we think you’re going to love them!
Rep. Peter Roskam said in an interview that House Republicans are planning of filing criminal charges against Lois Lerner.
Finally, a breakthrough!
It took long enough.
Rep. Roskam: The Obama Administration was very lenient with the crimes that Lois Lerner committed. And those are strong words that I’m using but the House Ways and Means Committee voted out a criminal referral to the Department of Justice which was completely dismissed by the Department of Justice… We think that Lois Lerner did two things wrong. Number one, she denied people due process and equal protection of the law based on their political philosophy. We’re convinced that there is overwhelming evidence to suggest that that’s true. And that’s a felony. Secondly, we suspect that she lied to the Inspecter General of the Treasury Department.
Recently, more than 30 lawmakers sent a letter to President Trump calling for Obama’s IRS Commissioner, John Koskinen to step down from his post before the end of his term.
The IRS Conservative Targeting Scandal involved a number of items:
- Hundreds of conservative groups were targeted
- At least 5 pro-Israel groups
- Constitutional groups
- Groups that criticized Obama administration
- At least two pro-life groups
- An 83 year-old Nazi concentration camp survivor
- A 180 year-old Baptist paper
- A Texas voting-rights group
- A Hollywood conservative group was targeted and harassed
- Conservative activists and businesses
- At least one conservative Hispanic group
- IRS continued to target groups even after the scandal was exposed
- 10% of Tea Party donors were audited by the IRS
- And… 100% of the 501(c)(4) Groups Audited by IRS Were Conservative
We think it’s high time Lerner gets what’s coming to her.