A grim online warning from a self-described American jihadist said Sunday’s terror attack in Texas was the work of ISIS and that the terrorist group has scores of “trained soldiers” positioned in 15 states, awaiting orders to carry out more operations.
The warning, which was posted on a file-sharing site, could not be verified, but was signed by Abu Ibrahim Al Ameriki. That name matches the moniker of a shadowy American known to have joined a terrorist group in Pakistan several years ago and who has appeared in propaganda videos before. The chilling threat named five of the states where is claimed ISIS has terror cells in place.
“Out of the 71 trained soldiers 23 have signed up for missions like Sunday, we are increasing in number,” read the warning. “Of the 15 states, 5 we will name… Virginia, Maryland, Illinois, California, and Michigan.”
Although Sunday’s attack at a “Draw the Prophet” Muhammad contest in Garland was thwarted when a traffic cop helping to provide security at the event shot both attackers dead, the posting seemed to claim the operation was successful.
“The disbelievers who shot our brothers think that you killed someone untrained, nay, they gave you their bodies in plain view because we were watching,” read the post.
Another posting linked to ISIS on Tuesday night paid homage to the attackers and used news footage crudely spliced together with words of praise for Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi, the Phoenix roommates who authorities say drove 1,100 miles from their apartment to carry out the failed attack. Simpson, 31, was an American Muslim convert who appears to have become radicalized over the last decade and Soofi, 34, a Pakistani-American, grew up in a Muslim family in Texas.
The Islamic State group, also known as ISIS, claimed responsibility for the attack in an audio statement Tuesday. The statement on the extremist group’s Syria-based Al Bayan radio station called the men “two soldiers of the caliphate.”
In February, FBI Director James Comey said the FBI is investigating suspects with ties to ISIS in 49 states, but that number is believed to include self-radicalized Americans who have followed jihadist websites but have not direct links to the group.
“We are focused keenly on who would be looking to travel to join this band of murderers who will have come back from Iraq and Syria and to the United States,” Comey said in a speech to law enforcement officers in Mississippi. “We have opened cases all over the place focused on this threat, so it is not … a Washington thing – it is something we focus on throughout the FBI.”
Read more: Fox News
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Columbus Day Now has a New Racially Acceptable Name in Los Angeles, Explorer to be Erased from History…
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- WATCH: US Open Champion Sloane Stephens When Asked if She has New ‘Hunger’ to Win More Games Gives Hilarious Answer — Endorses Capitalism
- ANTIFA: Violence is Necessary
- Little Girl and Her Puppet STUN America’s Got Talent Judges in Most AMAZING Act
- Hurricane Harvey Dumps 11 Trillion Gallons of Water on Houston, Thousands of People are…
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- MSM Tries Denying Trump Killed it at G20, But Foreign Press Comes to the Rescue
- ISIS on the Verge of Losing its ‘Capital’
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- ‘YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND WEDDINGS’: Little Flower Girl Tries Her Best to Explain Weddings to Her Dad [WATCH]
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…