A West Yorkshire teenager is believed to have become Britain’s youngest ever suicide bomber after reportedly blowing himself up in Iraq.
Talha Asmal, 17, was one of four suicide bombers who attacked security forces near an oil refinery south of Baiji, The Guardian has reported.
Isis social media reports said Asmal, going by the name of Abu Yusuf al-Britani, had taken part in the attack.
His family said they were “devastated” at the news.
Asmal, from Dewsbury, would be Britain’s youngest known suicide bomber. Another West Yorkshire teenager, Hasib Hussein, was almost 19 when he blew himself up on a London bus in the 7 July 2005 attacks.
A statement issued by Asmal’s family said: “Talha was a loving, kind, caring and affable teenager.
“He never harboured any ill will against anybody nor did he ever exhibit any violent, extreme or radical views of any kind.
Read more: BBC News
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- BREAKING: FBI, DOJ Broke Law in Clinton Email Probe — Inspector General Declares
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- VETPAW: Anti-Poaching Unit Shut-Down because this Woman Said…
- Barbara Bush Hating Professor: ‘Why I Can’t Stand White Belly Dancers’
- Pelosi Kicks Off Campaign Season With Perfect Gift to GOP [WATCH]
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- Poll: David Hogg Has Officially Become Irrelevant — Do You LOVE This?
- TIGHT SQUEEZE: Bear Attempts Breaking into Man’s House but Gets Caught in the Act, Literally
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?