Just eight minutes after President Barack Obama wrapped up a White House press conference he called on Wednesday to defend a day-old nuclear deal with Iran, the Islamic republic’s supreme leader used Twitter to tweak him.
In a short letter to Obama that he posted on Twitter, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei wrote that it’s partner nations like China and Russia who should be watched carefully – not Iran – to make sure they honor the terms of the landmark bargain.
‘You are well aware that some of the six states participating in negotiations are not trustworthy at all,’ Khamenei wrote in a stunning rhetorical act of jiu-jitsu.
The agreement, signed by Iran, the U.S., Russia, China, France, the United Kingdom, Germany and the European Union, seeks to limit Tehran’s aggressive nuclear program in exchange for dropping a series of crippling economic sanctions.
American opponents of the arrangement, which still has to earn approval from Congress, have complained that Iran can’t be trusted to hold up its end by dramatically scaling back its uranium mining and processing, and starving for a decade what was thought to be a robust but covert nuclear weapons program.
Not so, says the Ayatollah: It’s the Europeans, Chinese and Russians who have to be monitored.
The final text of the deal, he warned in an awkward tweeted English translation, ‘needs careful scrutiny and must be directed into the defined legal process.’
And presuming Congress gives its ‘approval,’ Khamenei warned, Obama must ‘be concerned about possible violation of commitments by the other parties’ – ‘and close paths to it.’
The religious mullah offered his hope that Iran will ‘maintain unity and dignity so that national interests can be achieved in a peaceful and wisely atmosphere.’
Obama’s press conference ran long, ending at 2:33 p.m.
Khamenei’s tweet hit the Internet eight minutes later.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Van Halen Icon Sammy Hagar Bashes Trump Haters, ‘Give Him a Chance’
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- ALERT: US Official Arrested For Giving Chinese Agent Top-Secret…
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!