Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush appeared on the first episode of Late Show With Stephen Colbert to go face-to-face with a man who spent a decade turning faux-Conservatism into an art form. Over the course of their discussion, Bush and Stephen Colbert talked about the “game of Bloodsport” known as politics, gun control, Donald Trump and Barack Obama.
“I’m going to say something that’s heretic, I guess: I don’t think Barack Obama has bad motives. I just think he’s wrong on a lot of issues,” Bush said, paying the president the thinnest of compliments. “If you start with the premise that people have good motives, you can find common ground.” Bush then admits that he hopes to “restore a degree of civility” in Washington, noting that politics on the local level isn’t nearly as contemptuous.
As Colbert’s premiere episode ran long, the highlight of the Bush interview – the non-obscene question the winner of Colbert’s raffle could ask the Republican presidential candidate – was relegated to a YouTube-only bonus clip. The winner of Colbert’s contest wanted Bush to discuss his plans for gun control legislation, even though the Republican Party has staunchly supported Second Amendment rights despite the “almost-weekly deadly consequences” in this country.
Read more: Rolling Stone
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Claims ‘Islam is The MOST Feminist Religion’
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case
- LEAKED: James Comey’s Shocking Edits to His Public Statement On Hillary Clinton Probe
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them
- WATCH: Chicago Declared ‘Trump-Free Zone’
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face
- POLL: Is It Time for Mueller to Resign?
- Trump Wins: Bill Moves Forward to Expose Congressional Sexual Harassers