Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush appeared on the first episode of Late Show With Stephen Colbert to go face-to-face with a man who spent a decade turning faux-Conservatism into an art form. Over the course of their discussion, Bush and Stephen Colbert talked about the “game of Bloodsport” known as politics, gun control, Donald Trump and Barack Obama.
“I’m going to say something that’s heretic, I guess: I don’t think Barack Obama has bad motives. I just think he’s wrong on a lot of issues,” Bush said, paying the president the thinnest of compliments. “If you start with the premise that people have good motives, you can find common ground.” Bush then admits that he hopes to “restore a degree of civility” in Washington, noting that politics on the local level isn’t nearly as contemptuous.
As Colbert’s premiere episode ran long, the highlight of the Bush interview – the non-obscene question the winner of Colbert’s raffle could ask the Republican presidential candidate – was relegated to a YouTube-only bonus clip. The winner of Colbert’s contest wanted Bush to discuss his plans for gun control legislation, even though the Republican Party has staunchly supported Second Amendment rights despite the “almost-weekly deadly consequences” in this country.
Read more: Rolling Stone
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- Trey Gowdy Slams McCabe: ‘Fellow Bureau Agents’ Suggested He Be Fired, Not Trump’s Fault
- ‘Nails and Shrapnel’: Bomb Headed to Austin Explodes at FedEx
- PETA Bounty: Alleged Frenchman Kicks Squirrel into Grand Canyon, PETA Places $16K Bounty on His Head
- Why I Killed Jeffrey Dahmer
- VIDEO: Donald Hits Back at CNN–‘The CLINTON News Network’
- Watch: Feminist Wants to Ban the Word “Man” — Tucker Has His Fun
- Obama Repeals ObamaCare
- WATCH: CNN Goes to Gun Range to Shoot AR-15, Proves Gun-Controllers Have No Clue What They are Talking About
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Self-Proclaimed ‘Trump Supporter’ Breaches Security at Tower With Bag of Weapons & Fireworks… to ‘Study’ for School
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- NAKED SPRING BREAKER FOUND: Un-Harmmed and Underaged, the Female Photographed Came Forward to the Police
- Report: Shooting at Maryland School — Armed Resource Officer Does His Job and Saves Dozens
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Barbra Streisand: I’m No #MeToo Victim, I Was Never Sexually Harassed
- KICK THE KICK: New Recoil Pad Takes The Shock Out Of The Shot