Jeb Bush‘s journey to the White House officially ended tonight in South Carolina, despite raising $150million for his campaign.
The former Florida governor, who took fourth place with 7.8 per cent of the vote in the Palmetto state, told supporters the news at his headquarters in Columbia, South Carolina.
‘But the people of Iowa and New Hampshire and South Carolina have spoken and I really respect their decision, so tonight I am suspending my campaign,’ Bush said.
‘Noooo,’ members of the crowd responded back.
‘Yeah, yeah,’ Bush replied.
Bush brought in more than $150 million in fundraising for his campaign, but it appears by the time he terminated his run in the race, he had only spent about $84 million, according to opensecrets.org.
Bush also motioned to his wife, explaining that with her at his side, it would all be OK.
‘I’ve had an incredible life and, for me, public service has been the highlight of that life, but no matter what the future holds, here’s the greatest safety landing if you can imagine,’ he said.
‘Tonight I’m going to sleep with the best friend I have and the love of my life.’
Bush didn’t show his hand immediately upon taking the stage, though Columba Bush appeared to be crying, previewing what was about to come.
‘When I began this journey in Miami I committed that I would campaign as I would serve, going everywhere, speaking to everyone, keeping my word, facing the issues without flinching and staying true to what I believe,’ Bush began.
He noted the ‘presidency is bigger than any one person, it is certainly bigger than any one candidate.’
Read more: Daily Mail
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison