Jeb Bush‘s journey to the White House officially ended tonight in South Carolina, despite raising $150million for his campaign.
The former Florida governor, who took fourth place with 7.8 per cent of the vote in the Palmetto state, told supporters the news at his headquarters in Columbia, South Carolina.
‘But the people of Iowa and New Hampshire and South Carolina have spoken and I really respect their decision, so tonight I am suspending my campaign,’ Bush said.
‘Noooo,’ members of the crowd responded back.
‘Yeah, yeah,’ Bush replied.
Bush brought in more than $150 million in fundraising for his campaign, but it appears by the time he terminated his run in the race, he had only spent about $84 million, according to opensecrets.org.
Bush also motioned to his wife, explaining that with her at his side, it would all be OK.
‘I’ve had an incredible life and, for me, public service has been the highlight of that life, but no matter what the future holds, here’s the greatest safety landing if you can imagine,’ he said.
‘Tonight I’m going to sleep with the best friend I have and the love of my life.’
Bush didn’t show his hand immediately upon taking the stage, though Columba Bush appeared to be crying, previewing what was about to come.
‘When I began this journey in Miami I committed that I would campaign as I would serve, going everywhere, speaking to everyone, keeping my word, facing the issues without flinching and staying true to what I believe,’ Bush began.
He noted the ‘presidency is bigger than any one person, it is certainly bigger than any one candidate.’
Read more: Daily Mail
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Trey Gowdy Slams McCabe: ‘Fellow Bureau Agents’ Suggested He Be Fired, Not Trump’s Fault
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Why I Killed Jeffrey Dahmer
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- Senator Kamala Harris Completes ‘Democrat Stupidity Course’ After Tweeting this Moronic Statement on Illegal Immigration
- Identical Twin Studies Show the Only Gay Genes that Exist are Made by Versace
- Watch: Feminist Wants to Ban the Word “Man” — Tucker Has His Fun
- Obama Repeals ObamaCare
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office