Jeb Bush‘s journey to the White House officially ended tonight in South Carolina, despite raising $150million for his campaign.
The former Florida governor, who took fourth place with 7.8 per cent of the vote in the Palmetto state, told supporters the news at his headquarters in Columbia, South Carolina.
‘But the people of Iowa and New Hampshire and South Carolina have spoken and I really respect their decision, so tonight I am suspending my campaign,’ Bush said.
‘Noooo,’ members of the crowd responded back.
‘Yeah, yeah,’ Bush replied.
Bush brought in more than $150 million in fundraising for his campaign, but it appears by the time he terminated his run in the race, he had only spent about $84 million, according to opensecrets.org.
Bush also motioned to his wife, explaining that with her at his side, it would all be OK.
‘I’ve had an incredible life and, for me, public service has been the highlight of that life, but no matter what the future holds, here’s the greatest safety landing if you can imagine,’ he said.
‘Tonight I’m going to sleep with the best friend I have and the love of my life.’
Bush didn’t show his hand immediately upon taking the stage, though Columba Bush appeared to be crying, previewing what was about to come.
‘When I began this journey in Miami I committed that I would campaign as I would serve, going everywhere, speaking to everyone, keeping my word, facing the issues without flinching and staying true to what I believe,’ Bush began.
He noted the ‘presidency is bigger than any one person, it is certainly bigger than any one candidate.’
Read more: Daily Mail
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”
- DEAR AMERICA: Do You Agree Trump Should Dismantle the Iran Deal?
- WATCH: Trump Humiliates BBC Reporter After Her ‘Hard Hitting’ Question and it’s EPIC!
- LEAKED: James Comey’s Shocking Edits to His Public Statement On Hillary Clinton Probe
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case