This parachute testing for NASA’s InSight mission to Mars was conducted inside the world’s largest wind tunnel, at NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California, in February 2015.
The wind tunnel is 80 feet (24 meters) tall and 120 feet (37 meters) wide. It is part of the National Full-Scale Aerodynamics Complex, operated by the Arnold Engineering Development Center of the U.S. Air Force.
Read more: NASA
- The Two Missing Minutes in Case Where Officer Mohamed Noor Shot the Yoga Teacher
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- If You Wear a Miniskirt in Saudi Arabia, Here is What Happens…
- Sean Spicer is Out: Quits Job as Press Secretary and is Replaced by…
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Crocodile Returns Body of Man it Killed After Witch Doctor ‘Summoned It’ [Video]
- ALERT: All US Army M1911 Handguns to be Transferred to Civilian Marksmanship Program in new Bill
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- John McCain’s Daughter Reveals the Senator Has Been Diagnosed With Brain Cancer
- Berkeley Middle School Teacher Yvette Felarca Arrested For Assault, Rioting At ‘Anti-Fascist’ Protest
- Bill de Blasio Snubbed at Funeral for Slain Female NYPD Officer
- 10,000 New ICE Agents are Ordered to Crackdown on Sanctuary Cities
- Wife Found Guilty of Shooting Her Husband Dead and the Only Witness was Their Pet Parrot
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Congress Fails to Include Majority of Trump’s Budget Cuts in House GOP Budget Plan
- PRINCESS OR QUEEN: THE 11 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DATING A GIRL VS A WOMAN
- Watch: CNN’s Poppy Harlow Confuses American National Anthem for French Anthem