A truck reportedly bore a flag for the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria in Michigan over the weekend.
On Sunday morning, the flag was just a short distance away from the United States Army Reserve Center in Southfield, WWJ reported.
Reserve center officials told the CBS affiliate that an anti-terrorism drill involved the flag.
The truck was away from the reserve center for a short period of time, officials told the television station, and said they were sorry for the confusion.
The news arrives as the US Marine Corps on Sunday urged ‘vigilance’ after a group claiming to be Islamic State hackers published what they said were the names and addresses of 100 military personnel and urged supporters to kill them.
The warning came after a group calling itself the Islamic State Hacking Division posted information about members of the air force, army and navy, including photos and ranks, on the Internet, according to monitoring group SITE Intelligence.
The US Marine Corps said it was visiting all affected staff, and urged caution online.
‘Vigilance and force protection considerations remain a priority for commanders and their personnel,’ US Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel John Caldwell said in a statement, adding that the threat remained ‘unverified’.
‘It is recommended Marines and family members check their online/social footprint, ensuring privacy settings are adjusted to limit the amount of available personal information.’
The Pentagon regularly tells service members to be careful about what they post online.
The self-proclaimed IS Hacking Division claimed it took the information from government servers, databases and emails and called on its followers to mount attacks.
A defense source, however, told The New York Times most of the information was in fact available in public records and did not appear to have been hacked from government servers.
The IS Hacking Division said the 100 military staff had targeted the Islamic State group in Iraq, Syria and Yemen.
‘With the huge amount of data we have from various different servers and databases, we have decided to leak 100 addresses so that our brothers residing in America can deal with you,’ the group wrote.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!
- Why We Carry: Man Punches Girl 39 Times in Empty Parking Lot After ‘Laying in Wait’ [WATCH]
- Dude Starts Freaking When Chick Places Snake on His Lap in Most Hilarious Video
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- ALERT: US Official Arrested For Giving Chinese Agent Top-Secret…
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- Migrants Kill Motorist by Dragging Tree-Trunks to Stop Traffic, Hijack Cars
- Hillary Clinton & Co. About to be Stripped of Security Clearance
- National Security Council Unable to Release Susan Rice Documents Because They’re in Obama’s…
- WATCH: Why Poor People Shouldn’t Run the Economy
- Protesters Interrupt Trump During Time For Prayer — The President’s Reaction Is Priceless
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison
- Professor Publishes ‘#LetThemF*ckingDie’ Article About White People, Now Playing The Victim…
- Watch: Dude Performs Erotic Drag Show for Elementary & Middle School Kids
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Insane! Man Faces Jail Time for ‘Disturbing’ Manatees by Throwing Bucket of…