A truck reportedly bore a flag for the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria in Michigan over the weekend.
On Sunday morning, the flag was just a short distance away from the United States Army Reserve Center in Southfield, WWJ reported.
Reserve center officials told the CBS affiliate that an anti-terrorism drill involved the flag.
The truck was away from the reserve center for a short period of time, officials told the television station, and said they were sorry for the confusion.
The news arrives as the US Marine Corps on Sunday urged ‘vigilance’ after a group claiming to be Islamic State hackers published what they said were the names and addresses of 100 military personnel and urged supporters to kill them.
The warning came after a group calling itself the Islamic State Hacking Division posted information about members of the air force, army and navy, including photos and ranks, on the Internet, according to monitoring group SITE Intelligence.
The US Marine Corps said it was visiting all affected staff, and urged caution online.
‘Vigilance and force protection considerations remain a priority for commanders and their personnel,’ US Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel John Caldwell said in a statement, adding that the threat remained ‘unverified’.
‘It is recommended Marines and family members check their online/social footprint, ensuring privacy settings are adjusted to limit the amount of available personal information.’
The Pentagon regularly tells service members to be careful about what they post online.
The self-proclaimed IS Hacking Division claimed it took the information from government servers, databases and emails and called on its followers to mount attacks.
A defense source, however, told The New York Times most of the information was in fact available in public records and did not appear to have been hacked from government servers.
The IS Hacking Division said the 100 military staff had targeted the Islamic State group in Iraq, Syria and Yemen.
‘With the huge amount of data we have from various different servers and databases, we have decided to leak 100 addresses so that our brothers residing in America can deal with you,’ the group wrote.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- ASHLEY MADISON FOUNDER: Emails Reveal His Wife Might Want to Divorce Him…
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- 5 Legal Stupidities on the 9th Circuit Court Keeping it’s Ruling Against Trump’s Travel Ban
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”