Justice Clarence Thomas asked a question from the bench during oral arguments on Monday, the first time in 10 years he has done so.
The case before the court on Monday is known as Stephen Voisine v. the United States. It centers on the convictions of two men who had been charged with domestic violence.
The court is being asked to decide whether a prior conviction of “reckless” domestic assault qualifies as a federal misdemeanor domestic violence, a charge that bars the men from possessing a firearm.
Read more: The Hill
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- ICE Reveals Illegal Alien May Have Caused Devastating California Fires
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Democrat Behind Slain Soldier Controversy, ‘I’m a Rockstar Now’ [VIDEO]
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Watch: Jeff Sessions Goes Bonkers on Sen. Al Franken Over Russia Collusion
- ALL THE SECRETS? JFK Assassination Files to be Released
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Man Who Identifies as a Woman Heads to Trial for Sexually Assaulting Little Girl in Bathroom
- CONFIRMED: FBI Says Comey Did Draft Letter On Clinton Before Completing the Investigation
- EDEN: A True Story of Sex Slavery in Nevada
- University Cop Shot in the Back of the Head
- Sean Diddy Combs Tweets NFL ‘I… Have a Dream’ Message — Far From Martin Luther King Jr.’s Speech
- Conceal Carrier Avoids Deadly Armed Robbery With One Quick Move [WATCH]