Two German-speaking jihadists claiming to belong to the Isis militant group threatened Germany with attacks in an execution video broadcast online Wednesday.
The five-minute clip shows the men use assault rifles to kill two bound and kneeling male hostages in the Syrian ancient city of Palmyra, which Isis fighters took in May.
In a rare German-language Isis message, they urge their “brothers and sisters” in Germany and Austria to join Isis in Syria and Iraq or commit attacks against “unbelievers” at home.
One of the men threatens Chancellor Angela Merkel, vowing to avenge the “blood of Muslims spilled in Afghanistan”, where Germany sent troops as part of a NATO force, and their support for the coalition against Isis.
Flow of German jihadis slowing
Earlier on Wednesday, Hans-Georg Maaßen, the head of Germany’s domestic intelligence agency, said that the flow of people travelling to Iraq and Syria to join Isis is slowing.
“This year the number of people leaving [for Iraq and Syria] has increased, but not at the same rate,” the head of the Office for the Protection of the Constitution [Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz] told Reuters.
Read more: thelocal.de
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- GARY SINISE SHUTS DOWN LARRY KING: On Gun Control in the CLASSIEST Way Possible and We Love It [WATCH]
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall
- Watch: ‘Blue’ is the Best Documentary Against the Green Movement — Proves How They are Destroying the Earth
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer