Davis was taken into custody Thursday after U.S. District Judge David Bunning ordered her held in contempt of court until she agreed to comply with previous court orders to begin granting the licenses. But the conservative Christian law firm Liberty Counsel, which is representing Davis, argued that Davis was given no notice that her failure to comply with the orders would result in her incarceration.
“Mrs. Davis is entitled to proper notice and due process when she is threatened with the loss of her freedom,” Mat Staver, the founder of Liberty Counsel, said in a press release.
Read more: talkingpointsmemo.com
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- Obama’s ‘Legacy’ and the 10 Ways He DESTROYED America
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- WATCH: ABC’s Pathetic Attempt to Connect White House Rob Porter Drama with Florida Massacre
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- Uranium One Informant: Moscow Paid Millions to Influence Clinton’s Favorability
- WATCH: Trey Gowdy Reveals How Clinton, DNC are GUILTY of Money Laundering
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- Kid Claims to be ‘Time Traveler’ from 2030 — Passes Lie Detector Test Saying Trump Will Win Second Term and Artificial Intelligence Will…
- Chicago Police Commander Killed by Felon in Downtown Chicago
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- Chelsea Clinton Makes the Most OBNOXIOUS Comment Why Hillary Lost…GET OVER YOURSELF!
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Trump Wins: Bill Moves Forward to Expose Congressional Sexual Harassers