Davis was taken into custody Thursday after U.S. District Judge David Bunning ordered her held in contempt of court until she agreed to comply with previous court orders to begin granting the licenses. But the conservative Christian law firm Liberty Counsel, which is representing Davis, argued that Davis was given no notice that her failure to comply with the orders would result in her incarceration.
“Mrs. Davis is entitled to proper notice and due process when she is threatened with the loss of her freedom,” Mat Staver, the founder of Liberty Counsel, said in a press release.
Read more: talkingpointsmemo.com
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- ASHLEY MADISON FOUNDER: Emails Reveal His Wife Might Want to Divorce Him…
- 5 Legal Stupidities on the 9th Circuit Court Keeping it’s Ruling Against Trump’s Travel Ban
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”
- Building the World’s Smallest 10mm Pistol