The demagogic Republican frontrunner has come under fire for failing to adequately disavow the support of David Duke, a former KKK grand wizard who told listeners to his radio programme that voting against Mr Trump would be “treason against your heritage”.
Will Quigg, a grand dragon of the Klan’s California chapter and responsible for recruitment in the western United States, is less keen to give Mr Trump the dubious benefit of his support.
“We want Hillary Clinton to win,” Mr Quigg told The Telegraph. “She is telling everybody one thing, but she has a hidden agenda. She’s telling everybody what they want to hear so she can get elected, because she’s Bill Clinton’s wife, she’s close to the Bushes. [But] once she’s in the presidency, she’s going to come out and her true colours are going to show.
“Border policies are going to be put in place. Our second amendment rights [favouring gun ownership] that she’s saying she’s against now, she’s not against. She’s just our choice for the presidency.”
Mr Quigg’s declaration of allegiance to Mrs Clinton sounds unconvincing – and contradicts earlier statements.
Last year, he sent a tweet to Mr Trump reading: “@realDonaldTrump. You Sir are the only hope we have of getting WHITE AMERICA BACK! We all will be voting for you!”
But that, Mr Quigg insists, “was before we found out about what Hillary Clinton’s main agenda was. David Duke, we found out, was supporting Donald Trump and we have nothing to do with David Duke.”
He was unwilling to disclose how he learned of Mrs Clinton’s “hidden agenda”.
“I cannot reveal my sources,” he said. “It’s my opinion – if you know what I mean, wink, wink. I don’t want her to come back and say I’m slandering her.”
Mr Quigg’s surprising disavowal of Mr Trump came amid controversy over the Republican candidate’s apparent reluctance to distance himself from Mr Duke and evidence that his rhetoric was appealing to white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups.
It also came after Mr Quigg and half-a-dozen Klan cohorts were involved ina violent brawl after being ambushed by anti-racism campaigners in Anaheim’s normally sedate Pearson Park, when they tried to hold a “white lives matter” demonstration, in imitation of the black-led movement that protests the deaths of African-American men at the hands of police officers.
Attacked by men wielding wooden sticks and sharp objects, Mr Quigg, 48, and an elderly fellow klansman were only saved from worse beatings by the intervention of Professor Brian Levin, an academic studying extremist groups who turned up at the February 27 event hoping to interview Klan members.
Read more: The Telegraph
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- Hell and Back: 3 Sex Slave Girls Share Gratitude for Being Freed
- ‘GET OFF OUR LAND’: Navajo Tribe Chases John McCain Off their Reservation Because of This…
- Here Are the Students Not Walking Out of School for Gun-Control
- Hung Out to Dry: Duck Dynasty Family Says Phil Was Set Up
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- GA Lieutenant Governor is Planning to cut Tax Benefits for Delta if They Don’t Reverse NRA Decision
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- JOHN PODESTA: The Man Whose Emails Damaged Hillary’s Campaign Says There is Something ‘Deeply Broken’ With the FBI
- REPORT: Trump Hating FBI Agent Peter Strzok Ignored Evidence of Hillary Clinton’s Secret Server Being Hacked
- CALLING BS ON… Left Wing Gun-Control Memes
- BREAKING: 16 Terrorists Arrested at Police Raid — but Paris Jihadist is…