The demagogic Republican frontrunner has come under fire for failing to adequately disavow the support of David Duke, a former KKK grand wizard who told listeners to his radio programme that voting against Mr Trump would be “treason against your heritage”.
Will Quigg, a grand dragon of the Klan’s California chapter and responsible for recruitment in the western United States, is less keen to give Mr Trump the dubious benefit of his support.
“We want Hillary Clinton to win,” Mr Quigg told The Telegraph. “She is telling everybody one thing, but she has a hidden agenda. She’s telling everybody what they want to hear so she can get elected, because she’s Bill Clinton’s wife, she’s close to the Bushes. [But] once she’s in the presidency, she’s going to come out and her true colours are going to show.
“Border policies are going to be put in place. Our second amendment rights [favouring gun ownership] that she’s saying she’s against now, she’s not against. She’s just our choice for the presidency.”
Mr Quigg’s declaration of allegiance to Mrs Clinton sounds unconvincing – and contradicts earlier statements.
Last year, he sent a tweet to Mr Trump reading: [email protected] You Sir are the only hope we have of getting WHITE AMERICA BACK! We all will be voting for you!”
But that, Mr Quigg insists, “was before we found out about what Hillary Clinton’s main agenda was. David Duke, we found out, was supporting Donald Trump and we have nothing to do with David Duke.”
He was unwilling to disclose how he learned of Mrs Clinton’s “hidden agenda”.
“I cannot reveal my sources,” he said. “It’s my opinion – if you know what I mean, wink, wink. I don’t want her to come back and say I’m slandering her.”
Mr Quigg’s surprising disavowal of Mr Trump came amid controversy over the Republican candidate’s apparent reluctance to distance himself from Mr Duke and evidence that his rhetoric was appealing to white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups.
It also came after Mr Quigg and half-a-dozen Klan cohorts were involved ina violent brawl after being ambushed by anti-racism campaigners in Anaheim’s normally sedate Pearson Park, when they tried to hold a “white lives matter” demonstration, in imitation of the black-led movement that protests the deaths of African-American men at the hands of police officers.
Attacked by men wielding wooden sticks and sharp objects, Mr Quigg, 48, and an elderly fellow klansman were only saved from worse beatings by the intervention of Professor Brian Levin, an academic studying extremist groups who turned up at the February 27 event hoping to interview Klan members.
Read more: The Telegraph
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Trump’s Travel Ban Reinstated by Supreme Court
- North Korea Claims They’re the ‘Victim’ in Otto Warmbier’s Death
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- WaPo Publishes Fact-less Story Thomas Jefferson ‘Celebrated Ramadan’
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- CNN Employees Resign After Fake News Scandal
- Report: Why Firing Nancy Pelosi is Harder Than it Sounds
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”