The demagogic Republican frontrunner has come under fire for failing to adequately disavow the support of David Duke, a former KKK grand wizard who told listeners to his radio programme that voting against Mr Trump would be “treason against your heritage”.
Will Quigg, a grand dragon of the Klan’s California chapter and responsible for recruitment in the western United States, is less keen to give Mr Trump the dubious benefit of his support.
“We want Hillary Clinton to win,” Mr Quigg told The Telegraph. “She is telling everybody one thing, but she has a hidden agenda. She’s telling everybody what they want to hear so she can get elected, because she’s Bill Clinton’s wife, she’s close to the Bushes. [But] once she’s in the presidency, she’s going to come out and her true colours are going to show.
“Border policies are going to be put in place. Our second amendment rights [favouring gun ownership] that she’s saying she’s against now, she’s not against. She’s just our choice for the presidency.”
Mr Quigg’s declaration of allegiance to Mrs Clinton sounds unconvincing – and contradicts earlier statements.
Last year, he sent a tweet to Mr Trump reading: “@realDonaldTrump. You Sir are the only hope we have of getting WHITE AMERICA BACK! We all will be voting for you!”
But that, Mr Quigg insists, “was before we found out about what Hillary Clinton’s main agenda was. David Duke, we found out, was supporting Donald Trump and we have nothing to do with David Duke.”
He was unwilling to disclose how he learned of Mrs Clinton’s “hidden agenda”.
“I cannot reveal my sources,” he said. “It’s my opinion – if you know what I mean, wink, wink. I don’t want her to come back and say I’m slandering her.”
Mr Quigg’s surprising disavowal of Mr Trump came amid controversy over the Republican candidate’s apparent reluctance to distance himself from Mr Duke and evidence that his rhetoric was appealing to white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups.
It also came after Mr Quigg and half-a-dozen Klan cohorts were involved ina violent brawl after being ambushed by anti-racism campaigners in Anaheim’s normally sedate Pearson Park, when they tried to hold a “white lives matter” demonstration, in imitation of the black-led movement that protests the deaths of African-American men at the hands of police officers.
Attacked by men wielding wooden sticks and sharp objects, Mr Quigg, 48, and an elderly fellow klansman were only saved from worse beatings by the intervention of Professor Brian Levin, an academic studying extremist groups who turned up at the February 27 event hoping to interview Klan members.
Read more: The Telegraph
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Watch: Protesters Destroy Confederate Monument in North Carolina to ‘Smash White Supremacy’
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- FBI is on the Hunt for the Wikileaker — Going FRANTIC
- ‘Violent Violation’: North Korea Issues New Threats Against US
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Regis and Her Father on Fox and Friends
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life