A surfer mauled by a ‘monster’ Great White shark on South Australia’s west coast is fighting for his life in hospital.
The surfer, named as Chris Blowes, 26, was about 350 yards offshore at Fishery Bay in Port Lincoln National Park.
Shocked witnesses saw an 18 foot great white shark swimming away with the surfer’s leg and a surfboard in its jaw.
He was among a group of about a dozen surfers in the water about 9.45am when the shark struck.
Fellow surfer Glenn Lugg had just exited the water when he saw what he described as a “massive” great white shark, he estimated to be about 6m in length.
Read more: mirror.co.uk
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- BREAKING: FBI, DOJ Broke Law in Clinton Email Probe — Inspector General Declares
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- JUST AS EVIL: Women of Islamic State Are More Brutal than the Men for Doing This
- VETPAW: Anti-Poaching Unit Shut-Down because this Woman Said…
- Barbara Bush Hating Professor: ‘Why I Can’t Stand White Belly Dancers’
- Pelosi Kicks Off Campaign Season With Perfect Gift to GOP [WATCH]
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- ‘I’M WORRIED ABOUT YOU’: Watch Jon Stewart Call Out Wolf Blitzer’s Baltimore Blunder
- Poll: David Hogg Has Officially Become Irrelevant — Do You LOVE This?
- TIGHT SQUEEZE: Bear Attempts Breaking into Man’s House but Gets Caught in the Act, Literally
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?