During the Democrat debate there was no missing the full-fledged assault on the Second Amendment rights of the American citizen. It was rather telling that no one wanted to touch the subject of the number of black-on-black murders in cities like Chicago – sixty, just last month – and there were of course no presidential visits there.
We’ve heard Hillary Clinton state she will use an executive order to institute gun control — just great, another person who doesn’t understand what “shall not be infringed” means. The NRA has become the convenient whipping boy for the progressive socialist left. Has anyone ever considered what happens to the woman who wants the ability to protect herself against assault? Or the mother at home with the kids while the husband is deployed? I suppose their right to self defense means little — after all they can just call 9-11. Or at least they can get a can of pepper spray.
The liberal left is going to do anything and everything to undermine the Second Amendment — and they pretty much said so Tuesday night. Gotta give it to ol’ Bernie Sanders though. He didn’t chase the rabbit when Hillary Clinton accused him of not being strong on gun control.
But in the world of legal actions, it always comes down to establishing a precedent – and folks, I think we just got one.
As reported by the Wall Street Journal, “Jurors ordered a Wisconsin gun store to pay nearly $6 million on Tuesday to two Milwaukee police officers who were shot and seriously wounded by a gun purchased at the store.
The ruling came in a negligence lawsuit filed by the officers against Badger Guns, a shop in suburban Milwaukee that authorities have linked to hundreds of firearms found at crime scenes. The lawsuit said the shop ignored several warning signs that the gun used to shoot the officers was being sold to a so-called straw buyer who was illegally purchasing the weapon for someone else.
Officer Bryan Norberg and retired Officer Graham Kunisch were both shot after they stopped Julius Burton for riding his bike on the sidewalk in the summer of 2009. Surveillance video shows the officers scuffled with the young man and slammed him into a wall before he shot them both in the face. One bullet shattered eight of Mr. Norberg’s teeth, blew through his cheek and lodged into his shoulder. He remains on the force but argues that his wounds have made his work difficult. Mr. Kunisch was shot several times, resulting in him losing an eye and part of the frontal lobe of his brain. He said the wounds forced him to retire.
Investigators said Mr. Burton got the weapon, a Taurus .40-caliber handgun, a month before the confrontation, after giving $40 to another man, Jacob Collins, to make the purchase at the store in West Milwaukee. Jurors sided with the officers, ruling that the store was negligent. Jurors ordered the store to pay Mr. Norberg $1.5 million, Mr. Kunisch $3.6 million and punitive damages of $730,000.
The liability issues raised in the case gained national attention when U.S. presidential candidate Hillary Clinton recently said she would push to repeal a George W. Bush-era gun law that Badger Guns’ lawyers said shielded the store from such claims. The gun shop’s attorneys denied wrongdoing. They said the owner of the store at the time of the gun sale, Adam Allan, couldn’t be held financially responsible for crimes connected to a weapon sold at his shop and that the clerk who sold the weapon didn’t intentionally commit a crime. Rather, they said Messrs. Collins and Burton went out of their way to deceive the salesman.
Read more: allenbwest.com
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated!’
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Pastor is Now Demanding Removal of George Washington Statue Because He Owned Slaves…
- BREAKING: Terror Attack on Pedestrians, Mowed Down by Van — Terrorist Take Hostages at Gun Point
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- Here are 30 Democrats that Should be in JAIL for Meeting with Russian Officials
- Clinton Secret Service Agent Drops BOMBSHELL on Hillary & Bill
- WATCH: Armed Black Panthers Chant These 4 Shocking Words Feet from Police
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Report: Government Workers Sold IDs to Illegal Aliens so They Could Vote
- EDEN: A True Story of Sex Slavery in Nevada
- Girl Describes Horrific Testimony of Escaping North Korea [WATCH]
- GOOD JOB DAD: Father Gave his College Daughter a Gun, Saves her Life During Home Invasion
- Steve Bannon Is Out From White House Position — Was He Fired?
- Black Panther Leader Babu Omowale Claims, We Want Our Own ‘BLACK NATION’