During the Democrat debate there was no missing the full-fledged assault on the Second Amendment rights of the American citizen. It was rather telling that no one wanted to touch the subject of the number of black-on-black murders in cities like Chicago – sixty, just last month – and there were of course no presidential visits there.
We’ve heard Hillary Clinton state she will use an executive order to institute gun control — just great, another person who doesn’t understand what “shall not be infringed” means. The NRA has become the convenient whipping boy for the progressive socialist left. Has anyone ever considered what happens to the woman who wants the ability to protect herself against assault? Or the mother at home with the kids while the husband is deployed? I suppose their right to self defense means little — after all they can just call 9-11. Or at least they can get a can of pepper spray.
The liberal left is going to do anything and everything to undermine the Second Amendment — and they pretty much said so Tuesday night. Gotta give it to ol’ Bernie Sanders though. He didn’t chase the rabbit when Hillary Clinton accused him of not being strong on gun control.
But in the world of legal actions, it always comes down to establishing a precedent – and folks, I think we just got one.
As reported by the Wall Street Journal, “Jurors ordered a Wisconsin gun store to pay nearly $6 million on Tuesday to two Milwaukee police officers who were shot and seriously wounded by a gun purchased at the store.
The ruling came in a negligence lawsuit filed by the officers against Badger Guns, a shop in suburban Milwaukee that authorities have linked to hundreds of firearms found at crime scenes. The lawsuit said the shop ignored several warning signs that the gun used to shoot the officers was being sold to a so-called straw buyer who was illegally purchasing the weapon for someone else.
Officer Bryan Norberg and retired Officer Graham Kunisch were both shot after they stopped Julius Burton for riding his bike on the sidewalk in the summer of 2009. Surveillance video shows the officers scuffled with the young man and slammed him into a wall before he shot them both in the face. One bullet shattered eight of Mr. Norberg’s teeth, blew through his cheek and lodged into his shoulder. He remains on the force but argues that his wounds have made his work difficult. Mr. Kunisch was shot several times, resulting in him losing an eye and part of the frontal lobe of his brain. He said the wounds forced him to retire.
Investigators said Mr. Burton got the weapon, a Taurus .40-caliber handgun, a month before the confrontation, after giving $40 to another man, Jacob Collins, to make the purchase at the store in West Milwaukee. Jurors sided with the officers, ruling that the store was negligent. Jurors ordered the store to pay Mr. Norberg $1.5 million, Mr. Kunisch $3.6 million and punitive damages of $730,000.
The liability issues raised in the case gained national attention when U.S. presidential candidate Hillary Clinton recently said she would push to repeal a George W. Bush-era gun law that Badger Guns’ lawyers said shielded the store from such claims. The gun shop’s attorneys denied wrongdoing. They said the owner of the store at the time of the gun sale, Adam Allan, couldn’t be held financially responsible for crimes connected to a weapon sold at his shop and that the clerk who sold the weapon didn’t intentionally commit a crime. Rather, they said Messrs. Collins and Burton went out of their way to deceive the salesman.
Read more: allenbwest.com
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Trump Plummets ‘Refugee’ Resettlement Numbers — Destroys Obama’s Goals
- Report: Why Firing Nancy Pelosi is Harder Than it Sounds
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant