The agreement reached between the United States and Iran is “unconscionable” because it leaves Pastor Saeed, a U.S. citizen, behind – imprisoned in Iran because of his Christian faith.
It is unconscionable that the Obama Administration would sign a deal with Iran without securing the freedom of Pastor Saeed who has been imprisoned for nearly three years simply because of his Christian faith.
President Obama told the Abedini family face-to-face that he considered the release of Pastor Saeed a ‘top priority.’ How could that be a “top priority” when a deal is reached and Pastor Saeed is left behind? What happened today makes a bad deal even worse. We will now focus our attention on convincing Congress to reject this deal.”
Naghmeh Abedini, the wife of American Pastor Saeed, is deeply disappointed with today’s outcome:
I plead with Congress to ensure that my husband, an American citizen, is not left behind. With the announcement of a deal and yet silence as to the fate of Saeed and the other Americans held hostage in Iran, their fate lies now in the hands of Congress. I plead with each member of Congress to review the deal with our family at the forefront of their thoughts. Congress holds the key to bringing my husband home, to returning the father to my children. My children have desperately missed the loving embrace of their father for the last three years of their lives. They have grown up almost half of their lives without their father. Please help us ensure the remainder of their childhood includes both a mother and a father.
The State Department is A.W.O.L. – absent without leave – nearly silent about the devastating impact this “deal” has on the four wrongfully imprisoned Americans, including Pastor Saeed, left behind to suffer in harsh Iranian prison conditions.
Secretary of State Kerry’s brief mention of the American hostages almost appears to be an afterthought. He stated:
We continue to call on Iran to immediately release the detained U.S. citizens . . . . These Americans have remained in our thoughts throughout this negotiation. And we will continue to work for their safe and their swift return. And we urge Iran to bring our missing Americans home as well.”
Read more: aclj.org
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution
- DEMOCRAT SENATOR: Wants to Impose ‘Surtax’ on Americans to Pay for War Against ISIS, After Ineffective Bombing Bill Hikes Up to…
- WOW: Is Obama FORCING Trump Out of the Oval Office?
- BACK AT IT: Gabby Giffords Relaunches Background Check Push
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending