I have always looked at each candidate, studied their views and record, and voted for whichever one best represented most of my values. I’ve never been a one-issue voter, only voting for the person who supports, say for an easy example, abortion rights, no matter what their other views are. However, you may be changing that with the whole gun control issue.
Let’s look at your platform issues and see how they actually help us if you take away our right to guns and adequate ammo:
- Social Security protection: Since I’m getting closer every day to retirement, you think you are supporting and protecting my money. That money does me no good IF I’M DEAD because you took away my right to adequately protect myself.
- Access to free birth control, free cell phone, food stamps, rental assistance: DEAD women don’t need birth control. DEAD people don’t eat, make phone calls or worry about rent. NONE of this stuff matters if I can’t protect myself.
- Social programs: All the “safety net” programs that you protect are no good to any of us IF WE ARE DEAD because you took away our right to adequately protect ourselves.
- Education: It does children no good for you to push for funding for their education IF THEY ARE DEAD because you took away their parent’s right to adequately protect them AND refuse to allow them to be as well protected at school as you are at your work.
- Protection of the right to an abortion: An abortion does women no good IF THEY ARE DEAD because you took away our rights to adequately protect ourselves.
- Health Care Reform: Oh, wait, maybe that’s the point. DEAD people can’t make use of the new health care system. A good way to solve the problem of how to fund so many Americans is to just make SURE they die and you don’t have to serve them.
- Violence Against Women Act: This is a classic case of words saying one thing and actions showing another. You are making it EASIER for violence to be perpetuated against women by making us even MORE defenseless. Paper policies don’t help women protect themselves. Guns do! DEAD women aren’t helped by your paper policies. We are intelligent and independent. Are you paying attention to all the information coming out that women are the biggest group buying guns and getting trained? We’re certainly not spending millions of dollars in anticipation of NOT using guns to protect ourselves. We’re certainly not planning on just handing over our guns or magazines either, no matter what laws you pass.
What is adequate protection? No one knows ahead of time, no one knows until they are looking back at the situation. You aren’t psychic or in any other way special enough to be able to see the future for any of us. I certainly do NOT give you the right to decide FOR ME what adequate protection is. I will decide for myself what is enough, not you.
No laws, no part of the Constitution, no part of the Bill of Rights does ANY American ANY good IF WE ARE DEAD. None of your laws or values or policies or platforms means anything to DEAD people. So let me make this very clear – if you vote for any laws to limit my ability to adequately protect myself and my family, I WILL vote AGAINST you in the next election, no matter what your platform issues are because they do no one any good if we aren’t alive to take advantage of them. LIFE is what matters, first and foremost, then LIBERTY. Without those two, there IS nothing else.