A 5-year-old led her grandmother to safety after she learned an important fire safety lesson at school.
Cloe Woods is in Pre-K at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Kenner, La, and she is learning all the basics. Back in October, her class went to the Kenner Fire Department to learn something else.
“They talked to the kids saying if there was a fire you need to get out of the house,” her teacher, Brittany Gaillot, said.
Cloe was listening and learning, and it came in handy. Early Wednesday morning, the stove in her home caught fire setting off the smoke alarm. That’s when little Cloe sprang into action.
Cloe’s mom, Shone Arceneaux, said the 5-year-old jumped out of bed and ran to her blind grandmother’s room.
Read more: wwltv.com