A convicted killer at the centre of hit Netflix documentary Making a Murderer claims that his own brothers may have caused the death of his victim and then framed him due to a family dispute.
Steven Avery, 53, and his nephew Brendan Dassey were convicted in March 2007 of the murder of photographer Teresa Halbach in Manitowoc, Wisconsin and have remained imprisoned ever since.
Both protest their innocence and have been the subject of the 10-part Netflix series, which became an instant hit when it launched last month.
And now it has emerged that Avery has claimed his brothers Earl and Charles may have carried out the murder, for which he is serving a life sentence.
In legal documents filed by Avery in 2009, and obtained by TMZ, he claims that both of his brothers have a history of sexual violence against women, with Earl once pleading no contest to sexually assaulting his daughters.
Meanwhile Charles was once charged with sexually assaulting his wife.
The documents by Avery also allege that Charles had a history of harassment against women visiting the family auto salvage and pursued one so aggressively, she reported him to police.
Avery then goes on to claim that his brothers had a reason to frame him as they were fighting over the family business and were jealous he was on the verge of a multi-million dollar settlement for being wrongfully convicted of sexual assault.
Avery had been in prison for 18 years when DNA evidence exonerated him of a sexual assault conviction in 1985.
He was released in 2003 and, two years later, sought $36million from Manitowoc County for the wrongful conviction.
Less than a month after the federal lawsuit was filed, Avery was charged with first-degree intentional homicide for the murder of Halbach.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- NBA Star Charles Barkley Disses Confederate Statue Obsession — Tells Black Community to Focus on These 3 Things Instead
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated!’
- Steve Bannon Is Out From White House Position — Was He Fired?
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Antifa Protester in Virginia Attacked Journalist — Caused Concussion [Video]
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- Watch: President Trump Issues New Threat to North Korea, ‘Things Will Happen to Them Like They Never Thought Possible’
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”
- EPIC: Image Reveals What Happens to Your Body When Shooting a Gun
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Krauthammer: If You Take Up Arms Against The United States You Have Forfeited Your Rights