A convicted killer at the centre of hit Netflix documentary Making a Murderer claims that his own brothers may have caused the death of his victim and then framed him due to a family dispute.
Steven Avery, 53, and his nephew Brendan Dassey were convicted in March 2007 of the murder of photographer Teresa Halbach in Manitowoc, Wisconsin and have remained imprisoned ever since.
Both protest their innocence and have been the subject of the 10-part Netflix series, which became an instant hit when it launched last month.
And now it has emerged that Avery has claimed his brothers Earl and Charles may have carried out the murder, for which he is serving a life sentence.
In legal documents filed by Avery in 2009, and obtained by TMZ, he claims that both of his brothers have a history of sexual violence against women, with Earl once pleading no contest to sexually assaulting his daughters.
Meanwhile Charles was once charged with sexually assaulting his wife.
The documents by Avery also allege that Charles had a history of harassment against women visiting the family auto salvage and pursued one so aggressively, she reported him to police.
Avery then goes on to claim that his brothers had a reason to frame him as they were fighting over the family business and were jealous he was on the verge of a multi-million dollar settlement for being wrongfully convicted of sexual assault.
Avery had been in prison for 18 years when DNA evidence exonerated him of a sexual assault conviction in 1985.
He was released in 2003 and, two years later, sought $36million from Manitowoc County for the wrongful conviction.
Less than a month after the federal lawsuit was filed, Avery was charged with first-degree intentional homicide for the murder of Halbach.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Trump’s Travel Ban Reinstated by Supreme Court
- WaPo Publishes Fact-less Story Thomas Jefferson ‘Celebrated Ramadan’
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- CNN Employees Resign After Fake News Scandal
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- North Korea Claims They’re the ‘Victim’ in Otto Warmbier’s Death
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- Report: Why Firing Nancy Pelosi is Harder Than it Sounds
- After Russian-Trump Fake News Story, CNN Is Imposing New Rules — But Will They Help?
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI