A convicted killer at the centre of hit Netflix documentary Making a Murderer claims that his own brothers may have caused the death of his victim and then framed him due to a family dispute.
Steven Avery, 53, and his nephew Brendan Dassey were convicted in March 2007 of the murder of photographer Teresa Halbach in Manitowoc, Wisconsin and have remained imprisoned ever since.
Both protest their innocence and have been the subject of the 10-part Netflix series, which became an instant hit when it launched last month.
And now it has emerged that Avery has claimed his brothers Earl and Charles may have carried out the murder, for which he is serving a life sentence.
In legal documents filed by Avery in 2009, and obtained by TMZ, he claims that both of his brothers have a history of sexual violence against women, with Earl once pleading no contest to sexually assaulting his daughters.
Meanwhile Charles was once charged with sexually assaulting his wife.
The documents by Avery also allege that Charles had a history of harassment against women visiting the family auto salvage and pursued one so aggressively, she reported him to police.
Avery then goes on to claim that his brothers had a reason to frame him as they were fighting over the family business and were jealous he was on the verge of a multi-million dollar settlement for being wrongfully convicted of sexual assault.
Avery had been in prison for 18 years when DNA evidence exonerated him of a sexual assault conviction in 1985.
He was released in 2003 and, two years later, sought $36million from Manitowoc County for the wrongful conviction.
Less than a month after the federal lawsuit was filed, Avery was charged with first-degree intentional homicide for the murder of Halbach.
Read more: Daily Mail
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- Man Who Identifies as a Woman Heads to Trial for Sexually Assaulting Little Girl in Bathroom
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- ICE Reveals Illegal Alien May Have Caused Devastating California Fires
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Democrat Behind Slain Soldier Controversy, ‘I’m a Rockstar Now’ [VIDEO]
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- Watch: Jeff Sessions Goes Bonkers on Sen. Al Franken Over Russia Collusion
- ALL THE SECRETS? JFK Assassination Files to be Released
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- CONFIRMED: FBI Says Comey Did Draft Letter On Clinton Before Completing the Investigation
- EDEN: A True Story of Sex Slavery in Nevada
- University Cop Shot in the Back of the Head
- Sean Diddy Combs Tweets NFL ‘I… Have a Dream’ Message — Far From Martin Luther King Jr.’s Speech