A convicted killer at the centre of hit Netflix documentary Making a Murderer claims that his own brothers may have caused the death of his victim and then framed him due to a family dispute.
Steven Avery, 53, and his nephew Brendan Dassey were convicted in March 2007 of the murder of photographer Teresa Halbach in Manitowoc, Wisconsin and have remained imprisoned ever since.
Both protest their innocence and have been the subject of the 10-part Netflix series, which became an instant hit when it launched last month.
And now it has emerged that Avery has claimed his brothers Earl and Charles may have carried out the murder, for which he is serving a life sentence.
In legal documents filed by Avery in 2009, and obtained by TMZ, he claims that both of his brothers have a history of sexual violence against women, with Earl once pleading no contest to sexually assaulting his daughters.
Meanwhile Charles was once charged with sexually assaulting his wife.
The documents by Avery also allege that Charles had a history of harassment against women visiting the family auto salvage and pursued one so aggressively, she reported him to police.
Avery then goes on to claim that his brothers had a reason to frame him as they were fighting over the family business and were jealous he was on the verge of a multi-million dollar settlement for being wrongfully convicted of sexual assault.
Avery had been in prison for 18 years when DNA evidence exonerated him of a sexual assault conviction in 1985.
He was released in 2003 and, two years later, sought $36million from Manitowoc County for the wrongful conviction.
Less than a month after the federal lawsuit was filed, Avery was charged with first-degree intentional homicide for the murder of Halbach.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- Second Amendment Group Has Surge of Membership at 1200% for 18-20 Year-Olds
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office
- PRO GUN WIN: See How this Judge Just Changed the Game for Gun Owners
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Dropped: Charges Against the Bundy Family are Dismissed
- Black Panther Trailer, ‘World is Changing… Soon There will be the Conquered and the Conquerors’
- DETAINED BUT READY TO MINGLE: Osama bin Laden’s Associate Creates Dating Profile from Gitmo
- Parkland High School: Broward County Sheriff Captain Who Ordered Officers to Secure “Perimeter” Identified
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]