LAS VEGAS, United States – It was an unusual sight.
After the winner was announced, there were cheers – but many in the arena were also silent, if not booing.
On Saturday, May 2, Floyd Mayweather Jr defeated Manny Pacquiao by unanimous decision in their 12-round unification bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, a fight that took over 5 years to make.
But the pro-Pacquiao crowd was not happy.
The crowd that spilled out of the arena were unsmiling and sullen. Even Mayweather fans were not cheering loudly – perhaps because they were the minority.
To most international sports analysts, it was a decisive victory for the undefeated American.
Some fans, however, were not thrilled with how the fight turned out.
Pacquiao fan Darwin Miranda, who flew to Vegas from Toronto to watch the fight, did not see the type of flurry of punches and exchanges he was hoping for. He said Mayweather ran away most of the fight.
“We’re very upset. I think Manny had to be a little more busy. You can’t fight somebody that doesn’t want to fight. Mayweather runs around. He boxes, he doesn’t fight. What sells the fight is the fight. Manny Pacquioa sells fights because he fights. Everybody loves him. Mayweather sells fights because he talks,” he said.
“I wanted Manny to knock him out. I think Floyd was just running around the whole fight.”
Another Pacquiao fan, Paul Palasios, agreed that Mayweather’s style was not very entertaining.
“My opinion is Mayweather has a traditional way of winning. Hitting people, not trying to knock him out. That’s what happened in this fight. Manny needed to be aggressive,” he said.
Palasios conceded, however, that Pacquiao could have attacked and pressured his opponent more.
“Manny wasn’t aggressive in this fight. I’m very disappointed. My heart just went down after he lost. I go to Vegas every time Manny fights. So this is vey disappointing for me. I really wanted him to win this fight,” he said.
“He fought well but I think he had a hard time against Mayweather. He is the better fighter not to knock (Manny) out but to win.”
Read more: rappler.com
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Tries Peddling False Report on Buying an “AR-15 in Five Minutes”
- No Liberals, America is NOT the Worst Western Country When it Comes to Mass Shootings
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- President Trump Believes Teachers Should be Armed to “Immediately” Shoot Sickos — Do You Agree?
- WATCH: Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon Just Performed the Most Epic Lip Sync Battle
- Busted: Chick Tries Framing Cop for Sexual Harassment, Then His Body-Cam Footage was Released
- IT’S RACIST: CNN Anchor Calls for the Removal of the Jefferson Memorial Because…
- President Trump Hammers #MeToo Movement — Do You Agree With Him?
- Lutheran Church Celebrates Transgender Pastor’s Transition, Throws a ‘Renaming’ Ceremony
- Artist Who Painted Obama’s Portrait LOVES to Paint White Women Being Beheaded
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- The cop-killer bullet myth
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- Religion Of Peacer RAPES Little Girl, Years Later She Returns … With A VENGEANCE
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment