LAS VEGAS, United States – It was an unusual sight.
After the winner was announced, there were cheers – but many in the arena were also silent, if not booing.
On Saturday, May 2, Floyd Mayweather Jr defeated Manny Pacquiao by unanimous decision in their 12-round unification bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, a fight that took over 5 years to make.
But the pro-Pacquiao crowd was not happy.
The crowd that spilled out of the arena were unsmiling and sullen. Even Mayweather fans were not cheering loudly – perhaps because they were the minority.
To most international sports analysts, it was a decisive victory for the undefeated American.
Some fans, however, were not thrilled with how the fight turned out.
Pacquiao fan Darwin Miranda, who flew to Vegas from Toronto to watch the fight, did not see the type of flurry of punches and exchanges he was hoping for. He said Mayweather ran away most of the fight.
“We’re very upset. I think Manny had to be a little more busy. You can’t fight somebody that doesn’t want to fight. Mayweather runs around. He boxes, he doesn’t fight. What sells the fight is the fight. Manny Pacquioa sells fights because he fights. Everybody loves him. Mayweather sells fights because he talks,” he said.
“I wanted Manny to knock him out. I think Floyd was just running around the whole fight.”
Another Pacquiao fan, Paul Palasios, agreed that Mayweather’s style was not very entertaining.
“My opinion is Mayweather has a traditional way of winning. Hitting people, not trying to knock him out. That’s what happened in this fight. Manny needed to be aggressive,” he said.
Palasios conceded, however, that Pacquiao could have attacked and pressured his opponent more.
“Manny wasn’t aggressive in this fight. I’m very disappointed. My heart just went down after he lost. I go to Vegas every time Manny fights. So this is vey disappointing for me. I really wanted him to win this fight,” he said.
“He fought well but I think he had a hard time against Mayweather. He is the better fighter not to knock (Manny) out but to win.”
Read more: rappler.com
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face
- WATCH: Kate Steinle Memorial Ruined by Violent Antifa Protesters
- ALLAH ADIOS! Muslim Migrants FINALLY Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- ‘Definitely Terrorism’: NYC Suicide Bomber Captured Alive [VIDEO]
- REPORT: ‘Nasty Woman’ Throws Her Used TAMPON at a Police Officer
- WATCH: Obama Thanks Himself for Trump’s Growing Economy
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- BADASS: Bear Gets Into Bloody Fight With Wolves Over Deer Carcass–And The Winner Was…
- Not So Scary Now: Video Captures ISIS Militants Screaming Like Babies During Battle
- WATCH: Flag Burning Libtards Get The Full Wrath of an American Patriot–Fight Breaks Out
- Shady Lady Elizabeth Warren ‘Forgets’ to Disclose $1.3MIL Line of Credit Given to Her by…
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- ISIS Has Been Defeated
- POLL: Is It Time for Mueller to Resign?
- Watch: Charlize Theron is Making ‘Grown Men Cry’ Fighting Like a Girl for New ‘Atomic Blonde’ Movie
- Pentagon Announces Admission of Transgender Applicants for the Military Starting in 2018
- WATCH: Female Sailor Gets INSTANT Karma After Sitting for National Anthem