LAS VEGAS, United States – It was an unusual sight.
After the winner was announced, there were cheers – but many in the arena were also silent, if not booing.
On Saturday, May 2, Floyd Mayweather Jr defeated Manny Pacquiao by unanimous decision in their 12-round unification bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, a fight that took over 5 years to make.
But the pro-Pacquiao crowd was not happy.
The crowd that spilled out of the arena were unsmiling and sullen. Even Mayweather fans were not cheering loudly – perhaps because they were the minority.
To most international sports analysts, it was a decisive victory for the undefeated American.
Some fans, however, were not thrilled with how the fight turned out.
Pacquiao fan Darwin Miranda, who flew to Vegas from Toronto to watch the fight, did not see the type of flurry of punches and exchanges he was hoping for. He said Mayweather ran away most of the fight.
“We’re very upset. I think Manny had to be a little more busy. You can’t fight somebody that doesn’t want to fight. Mayweather runs around. He boxes, he doesn’t fight. What sells the fight is the fight. Manny Pacquioa sells fights because he fights. Everybody loves him. Mayweather sells fights because he talks,” he said.
“I wanted Manny to knock him out. I think Floyd was just running around the whole fight.”
Another Pacquiao fan, Paul Palasios, agreed that Mayweather’s style was not very entertaining.
“My opinion is Mayweather has a traditional way of winning. Hitting people, not trying to knock him out. That’s what happened in this fight. Manny needed to be aggressive,” he said.
Palasios conceded, however, that Pacquiao could have attacked and pressured his opponent more.
“Manny wasn’t aggressive in this fight. I’m very disappointed. My heart just went down after he lost. I go to Vegas every time Manny fights. So this is vey disappointing for me. I really wanted him to win this fight,” he said.
“He fought well but I think he had a hard time against Mayweather. He is the better fighter not to knock (Manny) out but to win.”
Read more: rappler.com
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- CONFIRMED: FBI Says Comey Did Draft Letter On Clinton Before Completing the Investigation
- Awkward: Compilation Video of Celebrities Thanking Harvey Weinstein Goes Viral [WATCH]
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- The Man Obama Rescued: Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Pleads Guilty to…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Gun Grabbing ‘Logic’: Dianne Feinstein Claims Constitution Does NOT Protect Conceal Carry — All 40 Million Americans She Represents Would Never Want a… [VIDEO]
- WATCH: Hillary Clinton Greeted by a Swarm of ‘Boos’
- ‘Taliban’ Hostages Return Home Revealing Gruesome Details — Reason Why They Were in Afghanistan Still Suspicious [Video]
- CNN Commentator: When it Come to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- Authorities Confirm: 4 Times More People Killed with a Blade Than a Rifle
- WATCH: Nancy Pelosi Goes on Tirade Against Trump’s Executive Order, Busted for Not Reading It [LOL]
- REPORT: The Clinton, Comey Connection is Revealed and It’s Bad
- Are Bromances a Threat to Heterosexual Couples? One Study is Saying ‘Yes’
- Eminem Raps Attack Against Trump: ‘Racist 94-Year-Old Grandpa’ [WATCH]
- Conceal Carrier Avoids Deadly Armed Robbery With One Quick Move [WATCH]
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life