Mexico is scrambling to ready its diplomats in the United States to handle millions of undocumented migrants’ potential needs following Donald Trump’s election, its foreign ministry said.
The ministry’s North American team huddled with Foreign Minister Claudia Ruiz Massieu Saturday to “analyze the results of the US election and discuss concrete actions concerning the future of the bilateral relationship” between the two countries, according to a statement.
Ruiz Massieu urged diplomats to get ready for a possible surge in consular assistance.
This includes help “avoiding provocations, as well as protecting against fraud,” the Foreign Ministry statement said, referring to the potential for crime rings to prey on migrants by selling fake documents, for example.
The US president-elect on Sunday told CBS television that as many as three million undocumented immigrants with criminal records would be deported or incarcerated.
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- WATCH: ABC’s Pathetic Attempt to Connect White House Rob Porter Drama with Florida Massacre
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Obama’s ‘Legacy’ and the 10 Ways He DESTROYED America
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- WATCH: Trey Gowdy Reveals How Clinton, DNC are GUILTY of Money Laundering
- Watch: DREAMer Goes After Pelosi and Schumer, Thanks Trump Instead
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- ‘Mother of All Bombs’ Aftermath: First Footage Shows Absolute DESTRUCTION of ISIS Fortress
- Black Panther Trailer, ‘World is Changing… Soon There will be the Conquered and the Conquerors’
- Chelsea Clinton Makes the Most OBNOXIOUS Comment Why Hillary Lost…GET OVER YOURSELF!
- Trump Wins: Bill Moves Forward to Expose Congressional Sexual Harassers
- Not So Sly: Killer Posts RIP Message on Victims Facebook to Make it Seem She was Mourning