It wasn’t necessarily my plan to do anything with this today, which might surprise those who know me because my love for Back to the Future didn’t just start this week or this year. I would estimate I’ve seen the entire trilogy at least 400 times. Yes. You read that right. Four hundred times.
My son and I were talking about it this morning, going through the usual list of “predictions” (which none of them were ever really intended to be) and discussing which ones kinda sorta happened (video calls, flat screen TVs mounted on the wall, thumbprint ID) and which ones were way off (ubiquitous fax machines, Jaws 19 . . . and of course the stupid Mets are ruining the best one of all), and I made the observation that it’s funny so much attention is on this date because in the actual trilogy the trip to 2015 is probably the least loved part of the whole story. It certainly doesn’t get the love the visit to the ’50s gets, and whole western sequence in 1855 seemed a lot more endearing to most people.
But of course, it still makes sense because October 21, 2015 was the only date in the trilogy that was going to arrive after the release of the films. Every other time travel point was in the past. So it’s only natural, and fun, to keep an eye on the skies around 4:29 p.m., even though I should know perfectly well that Marty and Doc will experience temporal placement in Hill Valley, California and not here in Royal Oak, Michigan.
Read more: caintv.com
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Watch: Psychologist Leaves Reporter Speechless Defending the Right to Free Speech vs. Someone’s ‘Right’ To Not Be Offended
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Tragic: Young Boy Attempting to Save Paralyzed Father from Fire Dies
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution
- U.S. Warns Iran of Military Action, They Respond With a Slap to Our Face — Is it Time to Hit Back?
- Oprah: Supports Jihad, Genocide, and Falsely Accuses People of Racism
- Robert de Niro Loses His Mind in Speech: President Trump is a ‘F***ing Fool,’ ‘F***ing Idiot’ [Watch]
- Watch: Video Reveals Twitter Engineers Purposely Censor People They ‘Disagree With’
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending