It wasn’t necessarily my plan to do anything with this today, which might surprise those who know me because my love for Back to the Future didn’t just start this week or this year. I would estimate I’ve seen the entire trilogy at least 400 times. Yes. You read that right. Four hundred times.
My son and I were talking about it this morning, going through the usual list of “predictions” (which none of them were ever really intended to be) and discussing which ones kinda sorta happened (video calls, flat screen TVs mounted on the wall, thumbprint ID) and which ones were way off (ubiquitous fax machines, Jaws 19 . . . and of course the stupid Mets are ruining the best one of all), and I made the observation that it’s funny so much attention is on this date because in the actual trilogy the trip to 2015 is probably the least loved part of the whole story. It certainly doesn’t get the love the visit to the ’50s gets, and whole western sequence in 1855 seemed a lot more endearing to most people.
But of course, it still makes sense because October 21, 2015 was the only date in the trilogy that was going to arrive after the release of the films. Every other time travel point was in the past. So it’s only natural, and fun, to keep an eye on the skies around 4:29 p.m., even though I should know perfectly well that Marty and Doc will experience temporal placement in Hill Valley, California and not here in Royal Oak, Michigan.
Read more: caintv.com
- Pelosi Kicks Off Campaign Season With Perfect Gift to GOP [WATCH]
- WATCH: Ted Nugent Goes After David Hogg — ‘So Brainwashed’ He Can’t ‘be Fixed’
- BREAKING: FBI, DOJ Broke Law in Clinton Email Probe — Inspector General Declares
- Rape Victim’s Revenge: Woman Cuts Off Her Rapist’s Penis, Flushes it Down the Toilet and Beats Him to Death with a Hammer
- Obama’s Education Secretary, Arne Duncan, Wants Americans to Pull Students from School for Gun Control Push
- Here Are the Students Not Walking Out of School for Gun-Control
- GET NAKED: Professor Challenges Students to Get In Touch with “Erotic Self” by Getting Naked for Final Exam
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- Juan Williams HAMMERS CNN for Fake News Story that Hannity ‘Pulled a GUN’ on Him
- Female ISIS Militant Gives 300 LASHES to Another Woman for Refusing to…
- Watch: FBI Informant Claims ‘Secret Society’ of Agents Against President Donald Trump is Real
- Authorities Confronted YouTube Shooter Just Hours Before Shooting
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- New Bill Would Allow Guns On Public Campus Parking Lots and Bars
- INSIDE THE CRIME SCENE: Chilling Photos of James Holmes’ Attack
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- ‘BLOOD COMING OUT OF HER EVERYWHERE’: Donald Trump’s Twitter War Against Megyn Kelly Took a Nasty Turn When This Happened…
- KEEP WHITEY OUT: Black Students Don’t Want White Kids in Their Schools–Is This Racist?