It wasn’t necessarily my plan to do anything with this today, which might surprise those who know me because my love for Back to the Future didn’t just start this week or this year. I would estimate I’ve seen the entire trilogy at least 400 times. Yes. You read that right. Four hundred times.
My son and I were talking about it this morning, going through the usual list of “predictions” (which none of them were ever really intended to be) and discussing which ones kinda sorta happened (video calls, flat screen TVs mounted on the wall, thumbprint ID) and which ones were way off (ubiquitous fax machines, Jaws 19 . . . and of course the stupid Mets are ruining the best one of all), and I made the observation that it’s funny so much attention is on this date because in the actual trilogy the trip to 2015 is probably the least loved part of the whole story. It certainly doesn’t get the love the visit to the ’50s gets, and whole western sequence in 1855 seemed a lot more endearing to most people.
But of course, it still makes sense because October 21, 2015 was the only date in the trilogy that was going to arrive after the release of the films. Every other time travel point was in the past. So it’s only natural, and fun, to keep an eye on the skies around 4:29 p.m., even though I should know perfectly well that Marty and Doc will experience temporal placement in Hill Valley, California and not here in Royal Oak, Michigan.
Read more: caintv.com
- Trump Attacks Everyone in Morning Twitter Rant
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- ALERT: All US Army M1911 Handguns to be Transferred to Civilian Marksmanship Program in new Bill
- Demonic: Group of Teens Laugh and Mock Disabled Man Drowning in Pond, Film the Whole Incident
- If You Wear a Miniskirt in Saudi Arabia, Here is What Happens…
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Liberal Journalist Calls Sarah Huckabee Sanders a ‘Butch Queen’
- Crocodile Returns Body of Man it Killed After Witch Doctor ‘Summoned It’ [Video]
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- Report Reveals Officer Mohamed Noor was a ‘Diversity’ Hire for Police Station
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci is a Staunch Gun Control Supporter
- Sean Spicer is Out: Quits Job as Press Secretary and is Replaced by…
- Bill de Blasio Snubbed at Funeral for Slain Female NYPD Officer
- Berkeley Middle School Teacher Yvette Felarca Arrested For Assault, Rioting At ‘Anti-Fascist’ Protest
- Fake Mud Jeans Now Exist for Men Who are too Afraid to Get Dirty — Guess How Much They Cost
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]