An Uber driver who is accused of killing six people in the US state of Michigan has told police that the Uber app took over his “mind and body”, setting off his shooting spree.
Police said Jason Dalton, 45, carried out the shootings on 20 February while working for the ride-sharing company.
“When I logged onto [the Uber app], it started making me feel like a puppet,” Mr Dalton told investigators.
He claims that the smartphone programme told him to kill his victims.
Although none of the victims were Uber customers, police said Mr Dalton continued to pick up passengers during the shooting spree in Kalamazoo, a small city about 150 miles (241km) west of Detroit.
Uber has said Mr Dalton underwent background checks, but passed because he had no criminal record.
Investigators made Mr Dalton’s comments public in response to a local television station’s Freedom of Information Act request.
Read more: BBC
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Millions Of Gun Owners About To Be Criminals Starting July 1st
- Smug Thug Smirking While Widow Testifies During Murder Trial is Destroyed by Judge [Watch]
- Student Going to Jail for Registering Dead People as Democratic Voters
- California’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Rule Rejected
- London Women Targeted for Continuous Acid Attacks
- On The 154th Anniversary Of Gettysburg, Leftists Are Promising To ‘Desecrate Graves’
- BREAKING: Republicans Delay Health Care Vote, Not Enough…
- ISIS Forces Sex Slave to EAT Her 1yr-Old Son
- Dear Gun Grabbers: This Video Proves Why Homeowners Need Guns
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- Justice Clarence Thomas Speaks! Finds It “Improbable” The Second Amendment Only Protects…
- Um… Guess Why These Feminists are Naked and Screaming in the Street