Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez spoke out for the first time on Tuesday about being erroneously crowned the winner of Miss Universe, thanking her supporters and saying that her brief moment of triumph brought joy to her country.
‘After the storm comes the calm,’ wrote the 21-year-old beauty queen on her Instagram account. ‘I want to thank each and everyone of you who have sent messages of support and strength.
‘Every one of you has become an incredible human being in my book and I am the most fortunate and thankful for having the support not only from one country but from the whole entire world. Your destiny is written for you. And my destiny was this.
‘I was able to bring happiness to my country after becoming Miss Universe for only a couple of minutes,’ she stated, adding that Colombia has now become the topic of conversation all over the world.
Gutierrez was proclaimed Miss Universe in Las Vegas during Sunday’s live broadcast of the pageant, only to be stripped of her crown just a couple of minutes later after ceremony host Steve Harvey admitted that he read the wrong name off his cue card, and that the real winner was Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach, with Gutierrez being the first runner-up.
‘It is my mistake,’ he said after holding up the card for the camera. ‘Still, it’s a great night. Please don’t hold it against the ladies. We feel very badly, but it’s still a great night.’
Harvey later tweeted an apology to the women and viewers. ‘I feel terrible,’ he wrote. The Miss Universe organization also issued an apology.
Read more: Daily Mail
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Alert: 18 ‘ISIS Fighters’ Have Been Executed in Libya
- Dude Goes on Streaking Rampage After Cutting Off His Penis While High on Drugs [Video]
- Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Staffer Tries Fleeing Country After FBI Seize Bashed in Hard Drives
- Fast & Furious Eric Holder Attacks Trump for Corruption
- FBI Grabs Smashed Hard Drives from Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s IT Aides
- Female Hunter Commits Suicide After Being Threatened by Animal Rights Activists
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Sessions, Priebus Soon to be Fired According to Trump Confidante
- Imam in America Prays for Complete ‘Annihilation’ of Jews, ‘Down To The Very Last One’
- Illegal Immigrant in New York Charged with Raping 12yr-Old Girl More than Once
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Starbucks Customer Nails Armed Robber with Chair and Saves the Day [Watch]
- Holy Sh*t: Kurdish Female Fighter Narrowly Escapes Sniper Shot
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Trump Says ‘ObamaCare is torturing the American People’ as Republicans Head to Senate on Repeal Vote, With Surprise Attendance from McCain
- Report Reveals Officer Mohamed Noor was a ‘Diversity’ Hire for Police Station
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?