Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez spoke out for the first time on Tuesday about being erroneously crowned the winner of Miss Universe, thanking her supporters and saying that her brief moment of triumph brought joy to her country.
‘After the storm comes the calm,’ wrote the 21-year-old beauty queen on her Instagram account. ‘I want to thank each and everyone of you who have sent messages of support and strength.
‘Every one of you has become an incredible human being in my book and I am the most fortunate and thankful for having the support not only from one country but from the whole entire world. Your destiny is written for you. And my destiny was this.
‘I was able to bring happiness to my country after becoming Miss Universe for only a couple of minutes,’ she stated, adding that Colombia has now become the topic of conversation all over the world.
Gutierrez was proclaimed Miss Universe in Las Vegas during Sunday’s live broadcast of the pageant, only to be stripped of her crown just a couple of minutes later after ceremony host Steve Harvey admitted that he read the wrong name off his cue card, and that the real winner was Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach, with Gutierrez being the first runner-up.
‘It is my mistake,’ he said after holding up the card for the camera. ‘Still, it’s a great night. Please don’t hold it against the ladies. We feel very badly, but it’s still a great night.’
Harvey later tweeted an apology to the women and viewers. ‘I feel terrible,’ he wrote. The Miss Universe organization also issued an apology.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- WATCH: Trump Calls Kaepernick a ‘Son of a B****’ for Protesting National Anthem
- A Furious Mike Pence Takes on McCain After Senator Saved Obamacare [WATCH]
- Kimg Jong-un Replies to Trump: Plans to “Tame” the President with “Fire”
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- This EPIC Meme DESTROYS Colin Kaepernick’s REFUSAL to Stand for the National Anthem
- The Real Deplorables–FOUR Football Players Disrespect America on 9/11
- Irma Hits Florida: The Deadly Surge to Come…
- Chick Wants to Change ‘Father’s Day’ To ‘Special Persons Day’ — Watch Her Explain This One…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles
- Not So Sharp: Masked Robbers Attempt to Hold Up Bar Filled With Policemen
- BREAKING: Explosion on London Tube Train
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- Ex-Obama Official, Rosa Brooks, Suggest MILITARY COUP to Get Rid of Trump… Good Luck Lady