The 20-year-old Mississippi woman who once planned to join ISIS during a fake honeymoon to the Middle East now plans to plead guilty to a federal terrorism charge.
Jaelyn Young and her fiancé Muhammad Dakhlalla were arrested on August 8 before boarding a flight from Columbus, Mississippi, with tickets for Istanbul.
But FBI agents said Young had described the real point of their journey in an online chat with an undercover agent. She said they planned to travel to Iraq and Syria to join the Islamic State.
Young, a high school honors student, will admit to conspiring to provide material support to a terrorist organization on Tuesday in Aberdeen, Mississippi.
She faces up to 20 years in prison, $250,000 in fines and lifetime probation.
Dakhlalla, 22, pleaded guilty on March 11 to a similar charge and awaits sentencing.
Prosecutors have said Young, who converted to Islam while studying at Mississippi State University, prodded Dakhlalla into the plan.
Lawyers for Young did not return a call seeking comment Monday.
Their arrest came just days after the devastating Chattanooga shooting that left five American officers dead in August.
Young praised the shooter, Mohammad Abdulazeez, during an online chat with an undercover FBI agent, according to an affidavit.
‘What makes me feel bette[r] after just watching the news is that an akhi [brother] carried out an attack against US marines in TN! Alhamdulillah [Thanks be to God], the numbers of supporters are growing,’ she wrote on July 17, a day after the attack, according to the document read by ABC.
Meanwhile, she was trying to save money to move to Syria with Dakhlalla, who is also from Mississippi, to join the Islamist extremist group.
‘The only thing keeping me away is $ but working all of this overtime will be worth [it] when I am finally there,’ Young allegedly wrote in the online chat.
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- Rosie O’Donnell Apologizes to Tyrant Kim Jong-un for President Trump’s Behavior… [VIDEO]
- Susan Rice Tells Trump to ‘Tolerate’ Nuclear North Korea — What Do You Say?
- Hey Ladies: Here is a List of Compact 9mm Concealed Carry Guns that Cost Less Than $600