About 90 soldiers left Bradley International Airport Sunday morning for Texas, where they will continue training.
Maj. Gen. Thaddeus J. Martin, who is the adjunct general and commanding officer of the Connecticut National Guard, says the 143rd Regional Support Group and the 192nd Military Police were sent to mobilization stations in Texas, and from there the soldiers will be deployed for tours of duty that will last nine to 12 months.
“Deploying two units simultaneously is no easy task, especially when the missions are so different,” said Maj. Gen. Martin. “This is a testament to the hard work and training these units have done to ready themselves to be successful.”
About 35 members of the 143rd Regional Support Group, a Middletown-based unit commanded by Col. John Wiltse of Berlin, will provide command, control and administration to all base life support operations from a post in Afghanistan.
Read more: foxct.com
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- Building the World’s Smallest 10mm Pistol
- BEN CARSON: Just Dropped this BOMB on Obama’s Lap [WATCH]
- JORAN VAN DER SLOOT: ‘Confesses’ to Murdering Natalee Holloway in Undercover Video