About 90 soldiers left Bradley International Airport Sunday morning for Texas, where they will continue training.
Maj. Gen. Thaddeus J. Martin, who is the adjunct general and commanding officer of the Connecticut National Guard, says the 143rd Regional Support Group and the 192nd Military Police were sent to mobilization stations in Texas, and from there the soldiers will be deployed for tours of duty that will last nine to 12 months.
“Deploying two units simultaneously is no easy task, especially when the missions are so different,” said Maj. Gen. Martin. “This is a testament to the hard work and training these units have done to ready themselves to be successful.”
About 35 members of the 143rd Regional Support Group, a Middletown-based unit commanded by Col. John Wiltse of Berlin, will provide command, control and administration to all base life support operations from a post in Afghanistan.
Read more: foxct.com
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Family of NYC Terrorist Speak Out — They are ‘Outraged’ by NY Police
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- WATCH: Little Brother ‘Rescues’ Big Sister from a Fight
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Claims ‘Islam is The MOST Feminist Religion’
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- Migrants Live Stream GANG RAPE, Justice System Gives Them Slap on the Wrists and…
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- THROWBACK: Former VP Nominee Tim Kaine Calls For FIGHTING in the Streets And Online to Combat Trump
- Trump’s Public Statement on Roy Moore Loss and What This Defeat Means for Conservatives
- WATCH: Kate Steinle Memorial Ruined by Violent Antifa Protesters
- Informant on Clinton, Russia Uranium Deal has been Identified
- WATCH: Man Attempts to Ram Firetruck into Congress in Desperate Act of Protest
- Did the wrong side win the civil war?
- POLL: Should Bernie Sanders’ New Book ‘Our Revolution’ be Found Under ‘Teen Fantasy’ in Book Stores?
- World Leader Wishes to FORCE Headscarfs on ALL Women…Because Islamophobia
- Bug out Guns: 7 Best Firearms for your Bug out Arsenal