Prosecutors in Westchester County said on Wednesday that they would review the 2008 death of a baby born to the woman accused of throwing her newborn girl from the seventh-floor window of a Bronx apartment this week.
Officials said the woman, Jennifer Berry, 33, of Yonkers, had a boy who died in March 2008 when he was just over 2 weeks old.
The medical examiner in Westchester County determined at the time that it was a natural death and said the cause was sudden infant death syndrome. But after the recent accusation, prosecutors decided to re-examine the case, said Lucian Chalfen, a spokesman for the Westchester County district attorney’s office.
Mr. Chalfen declined to release the child’s name or disclose any other information about the review. A spokeswoman for the Westchester County Department of Social Services said she was unable to discuss the case or Ms. Berry’s history with the agency.
Detective Lt. Patrick McCormack, a spokesman for the Yonkers Police Department, said in an email that officials there were “aware of the N.Y.C. incident, and our detectives are working with N.Y.P.D. at this time.” He declined to comment further.
Ms. Berry was arrested and charged on Tuesday with second-degree murderin the death of the newborn girl, who was found on Monday afternoon outside the apartment building at 130 West 183rd Street in the Bronx.
Ms. Berry was employed by the New York City Administration for Children’s Services from July 2007 to January 2008, working in the child protective services branch, agency officials said. During that time, she spent three months training in a classroom setting before continuing in a capacity that officials described as a closely supervised situation with limited interaction with families.
She left the agency weeks before she gave birth.
With the most recent pregnancy, police officials said, Ms. Berry had told some of her relatives and friends — including, it appears, her boyfriend — that she had miscarried.
Read more: NY Times
- REPORT: Hillary Got ‘PHYSICALLY VIOLENT’ After Losing–ATTACKED Staff and Had to be ‘Restrained’
- Informant on Clinton, Russia Uranium Deal has been Identified
- Skinny Dipping Biden: Female Secret Service Agents Hate Being Assigned to Biden, But Hillary is Worse
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- Self-Defense When Bugging Out: 7 Tips to Keep In Mind
- VIDEO: Hillary Cries Hysterically After Losing–Blames Comey & Obama
- WATCH: Drake Defends Female Fans After Man Gropes Them During Concert
- Bill Clinton Finally Being Targeted for His Sexual Abuse to Women [WATCH]
- A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE: Syrian Rebels Release a Video of Them Shooting Islamic State Militants
- Senator Al Fraken Caught Sexually Harassing a Model
- New Muslim Barbie Comes Dressed in Hijab and Hatred Towards President Trump
- Gun Yoga, Is It a Real Thing? [WATCH]
- THE KILL LIST: Islamic State has Released List of American Cities They Plan on Attacking
- TERRIFYING: Family Trapped in Their Vehicle as LIONS Fight Over Carcass Under the WHEEL
- Texas Shooting: Two Heroes Who Chased Down Shooter Reveal What Happened
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- WATCH: Judge Jeanine Rips Apart Michael Moore
- Father With a Gun: Daughter Saved by Her Dad After Gang Tries to…