Prosecutors in Westchester County said on Wednesday that they would review the 2008 death of a baby born to the woman accused of throwing her newborn girl from the seventh-floor window of a Bronx apartment this week.
Officials said the woman, Jennifer Berry, 33, of Yonkers, had a boy who died in March 2008 when he was just over 2 weeks old.
The medical examiner in Westchester County determined at the time that it was a natural death and said the cause was sudden infant death syndrome. But after the recent accusation, prosecutors decided to re-examine the case, said Lucian Chalfen, a spokesman for the Westchester County district attorney’s office.
Mr. Chalfen declined to release the child’s name or disclose any other information about the review. A spokeswoman for the Westchester County Department of Social Services said she was unable to discuss the case or Ms. Berry’s history with the agency.
Detective Lt. Patrick McCormack, a spokesman for the Yonkers Police Department, said in an email that officials there were “aware of the N.Y.C. incident, and our detectives are working with N.Y.P.D. at this time.” He declined to comment further.
Ms. Berry was arrested and charged on Tuesday with second-degree murderin the death of the newborn girl, who was found on Monday afternoon outside the apartment building at 130 West 183rd Street in the Bronx.
Ms. Berry was employed by the New York City Administration for Children’s Services from July 2007 to January 2008, working in the child protective services branch, agency officials said. During that time, she spent three months training in a classroom setting before continuing in a capacity that officials described as a closely supervised situation with limited interaction with families.
She left the agency weeks before she gave birth.
With the most recent pregnancy, police officials said, Ms. Berry had told some of her relatives and friends — including, it appears, her boyfriend — that she had miscarried.
Read more: NY Times
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Kim Jong-un Needs to be Terrified of Sec Def Mattis’ First Course of Action After NK Recent Missile Launch
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- The Female Celebrities Go on Attack: Anyone Who is a Trump Supporter, Especially Women, Should…
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- Watch: Bannon Breaks His Silence After Leaving the White House — Throws Punches Left & Right
- Millennial Chick Mocks Hillary, Writing Book on ‘How To Pretend Like You’re a Winner, When You’re Actually…’ [WATCH]
- DAVID BOWIE’S FUNNIEST TV MOMENT: Rips to Shred Anti-Gun, Anti-Hunting Actor Ricky Gervais [WATCH]
- WATCH: Leaked Footage Shows Clintons Celebrating Election ‘Victory’… a Little Too Early [VIRAL VIDEO]
- ROAD RAGE: This Guy Wants Everyone to Know What he Thinks of Obama and It’s Awesome [PHOTO]
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- ANTIFA: Violence is Necessary