A woman who was doused in petrol for turning down the advances of a former friend has bared her scars to talk about her ordeal.
Dovile Krivickaite, 25, suffered severe burns to 24 per cent of her body after the horrific attack at the hands of Mohammed Kosar that took place in Forest Gate, east London on October 19, 2013.
Reliving the incident, which saw her become a human fireball, Dovile vowed that she would not allow her injuries to define her.
Speaking out about the traumatic assault, Doville said: ‘There was no way I could stop it. The flames spread quickly and engulfed my whole body. I saw the skin on my hands peeling off before my eyes.
‘I remember screaming out and just wishing that I would die just so the pain would end.’
She continued: ‘I could smell burning flesh as the flames ate through my layers of clothes.’
Dovile, whose name means hope in her native Lithuanian, moved to London in 2012 and met Mohammed Kosar, originally from Somalia, soon after.
But a year later he made an unwanted move on her and she gently spurned his advances which eventually resulted in the callous attack.
Dovile, who had a boyfriend at the time, told Mohammed that she saw him as just a friend and explained how he appeared to understand where she was coming from.
She said: ‘When I initially turned him down he laughed it off. He seemed to take it well.
‘Then he asked me several more times after that. Each time I told him firmly ‘no’.
‘I just didn’t fancy him and couldn’t imagine us being together in that way.’
Believing their friendship was in a good place, on October 19, 2013, Dovile agreed to be picked up by Mohammed from a street in Forest Gate, east London, before heading to a pub with friends.
Explaining how Kosar went about the appalling attack, Dovile said: ‘We had barely started driving when the car slowly ground to a halt in a quiet residential area as if it had run out of fuel.
‘Mohammed turned to me and said, “Let’s go outside and have a word”.’
Picking up the five litre can of petrol by his feet, Mohammed refuelled the car and led Dovile down an alleyway – with the can still in his hand.
She continued: ‘Before I had time to think he was emptying the petrol over me and it splattered down the left side of my body.
‘”What are you doing?” I shouted at him in confusion. He didn’t answer. The next thing I heard was the click of a lighter.’
Read more: DailyMail.co.uk
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Millions Of Gun Owners About To Be Criminals Starting July 1st
- California’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Rule Rejected
- Student Going to Jail for Registering Dead People as Democratic Voters
- Smug Thug Smirking While Widow Testifies During Murder Trial is Destroyed by Judge [Watch]
- On The 154th Anniversary Of Gettysburg, Leftists Are Promising To ‘Desecrate Graves’
- London Women Targeted for Continuous Acid Attacks
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- Dear Gun Grabbers: This Video Proves Why Homeowners Need Guns
- Justice Clarence Thomas Speaks! Finds It “Improbable” The Second Amendment Only Protects…
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- Um… Guess Why These Feminists are Naked and Screaming in the Street
- Watch: Man Yells ‘Freedom’ as He Drives Car Through 10 Commandments Monument
- Democrats Scoff: Neil Gorsuch is Just ‘Another Scalia’
- Fake Mud Jeans Now Exist for Men Who are too Afraid to Get Dirty — Guess How Much They Cost