A woman who was doused in petrol for turning down the advances of a former friend has bared her scars to talk about her ordeal.
Dovile Krivickaite, 25, suffered severe burns to 24 per cent of her body after the horrific attack at the hands of Mohammed Kosar that took place in Forest Gate, east London on October 19, 2013.
Reliving the incident, which saw her become a human fireball, Dovile vowed that she would not allow her injuries to define her.
Speaking out about the traumatic assault, Doville said: ‘There was no way I could stop it. The flames spread quickly and engulfed my whole body. I saw the skin on my hands peeling off before my eyes.
‘I remember screaming out and just wishing that I would die just so the pain would end.’
She continued: ‘I could smell burning flesh as the flames ate through my layers of clothes.’
Dovile, whose name means hope in her native Lithuanian, moved to London in 2012 and met Mohammed Kosar, originally from Somalia, soon after.
But a year later he made an unwanted move on her and she gently spurned his advances which eventually resulted in the callous attack.
Dovile, who had a boyfriend at the time, told Mohammed that she saw him as just a friend and explained how he appeared to understand where she was coming from.
She said: ‘When I initially turned him down he laughed it off. He seemed to take it well.
‘Then he asked me several more times after that. Each time I told him firmly ‘no’.
‘I just didn’t fancy him and couldn’t imagine us being together in that way.’
Believing their friendship was in a good place, on October 19, 2013, Dovile agreed to be picked up by Mohammed from a street in Forest Gate, east London, before heading to a pub with friends.
Explaining how Kosar went about the appalling attack, Dovile said: ‘We had barely started driving when the car slowly ground to a halt in a quiet residential area as if it had run out of fuel.
‘Mohammed turned to me and said, “Let’s go outside and have a word”.’
Picking up the five litre can of petrol by his feet, Mohammed refuelled the car and led Dovile down an alleyway – with the can still in his hand.
She continued: ‘Before I had time to think he was emptying the petrol over me and it splattered down the left side of my body.
‘”What are you doing?” I shouted at him in confusion. He didn’t answer. The next thing I heard was the click of a lighter.’
Read more: DailyMail.co.uk
- POLL: Does President Trump Need to Apologize to Gold Star Widow Myeshia Johnson?
- UNLEASHED: Jimmy Carter Goes After Hillary, Obama & Russia Scandal — Says Trump is…
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- WATCH: Jesse Jackson Compares Playing for NFL & NBA to ‘Picking Cotton’
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- WAR ON SPEECH CONTINUES: Conservative Commentator PEPPER SPRAYED At NYU — Professor Says Cops Should BEAT Up ‘Neo-Nazis’
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Michelle Obama Claims People Don’t Like Her Because of ‘Her Skin Color’
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame