A conservative group is suing the National Archives to turn over details about its review process of Hillary Clinton’s emails, according to a lawsuit filed on Wednesday.
The National Archives reviewed 1,246 Clinton emails last spring that State Department officials had previously determined were “personal” and should be withheld from the public. The Archives said last May that it agreed with State’s assessment that none of the messages were related to official business.
However, Citizens United, a nonprofit filmmaking group, has been pressing the National Archives for more information on its review process. The organization filed a lawsuit on Wednesday, after the agency failed to respond to a public records request submitted in June.
Citizens United has requested “any and all correspondence, schedules, memoranda, attendee lists, and any other records related to the planning, attendance, and methodology” used during the review.
“This is a narrow [Freedom of Information Act] request, so it shouldn’t be taking months and months to get documents,” said David Bossie, president of Citizens United. “The American people have a right to inspect these records in a timely fashion, that’s why Citizens United filed suit today.”
Read more: freebeacon.com
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- Hell and Back: 3 Sex Slave Girls Share Gratitude for Being Freed
- ‘GET OFF OUR LAND’: Navajo Tribe Chases John McCain Off their Reservation Because of This…
- Here Are the Students Not Walking Out of School for Gun-Control
- Hung Out to Dry: Duck Dynasty Family Says Phil Was Set Up
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- GA Lieutenant Governor is Planning to cut Tax Benefits for Delta if They Don’t Reverse NRA Decision
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Computer Glitch Mistakenly Releases THOUSANDS of Prisoners too Early in This State
- JOHN PODESTA: The Man Whose Emails Damaged Hillary’s Campaign Says There is Something ‘Deeply Broken’ With the FBI
- REPORT: Trump Hating FBI Agent Peter Strzok Ignored Evidence of Hillary Clinton’s Secret Server Being Hacked
- CALLING BS ON… Left Wing Gun-Control Memes
- BREAKING: 16 Terrorists Arrested at Police Raid — but Paris Jihadist is…