A conservative group is suing the National Archives to turn over details about its review process of Hillary Clinton’s emails, according to a lawsuit filed on Wednesday.
The National Archives reviewed 1,246 Clinton emails last spring that State Department officials had previously determined were “personal” and should be withheld from the public. The Archives said last May that it agreed with State’s assessment that none of the messages were related to official business.
However, Citizens United, a nonprofit filmmaking group, has been pressing the National Archives for more information on its review process. The organization filed a lawsuit on Wednesday, after the agency failed to respond to a public records request submitted in June.
Citizens United has requested “any and all correspondence, schedules, memoranda, attendee lists, and any other records related to the planning, attendance, and methodology” used during the review.
“This is a narrow [Freedom of Information Act] request, so it shouldn’t be taking months and months to get documents,” said David Bossie, president of Citizens United. “The American people have a right to inspect these records in a timely fashion, that’s why Citizens United filed suit today.”
Read more: freebeacon.com
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Veteran Faces MAJOR Prison Sentence Over Bullsh*t Liberal Policy
- On The 154th Anniversary Of Gettysburg, Leftists Are Promising To ‘Desecrate Graves’
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”