A conservative group is suing the National Archives to turn over details about its review process of Hillary Clinton’s emails, according to a lawsuit filed on Wednesday.
The National Archives reviewed 1,246 Clinton emails last spring that State Department officials had previously determined were “personal” and should be withheld from the public. The Archives said last May that it agreed with State’s assessment that none of the messages were related to official business.
However, Citizens United, a nonprofit filmmaking group, has been pressing the National Archives for more information on its review process. The organization filed a lawsuit on Wednesday, after the agency failed to respond to a public records request submitted in June.
Citizens United has requested “any and all correspondence, schedules, memoranda, attendee lists, and any other records related to the planning, attendance, and methodology” used during the review.
“This is a narrow [Freedom of Information Act] request, so it shouldn’t be taking months and months to get documents,” said David Bossie, president of Citizens United. “The American people have a right to inspect these records in a timely fashion, that’s why Citizens United filed suit today.”
Read more: freebeacon.com
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- WATCH: Little Brother ‘Rescues’ Big Sister from a Fight
- Family of NYC Terrorist Speak Out — They are ‘Outraged’ by NY Police
- LEAKED: James Comey’s Shocking Edits to His Public Statement On Hillary Clinton Probe
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”
- WATCH: Kate Steinle Memorial Ruined by Violent Antifa Protesters
- Hurricane Harvey Dumps 11 Trillion Gallons of Water on Houston, Thousands of People are…
- WATCH: Trump Hammers Lying Hillary When Asked About Flynn’s FBI Case
- The Best Scopes for Your Hunting Rifle
- DEAR AMERICA: Do You Agree Trump Should Dismantle the Iran Deal?
- WATCH: Trump Humiliates BBC Reporter After Her ‘Hard Hitting’ Question and it’s EPIC!