The masked executioner in the latest ISIS propaganda video is believed to be a British man who fled London in 2014 after skipping bail, NBC News has learned.
Two U.S. officials tell NBC that the British-born Siddhartha Dhar is suspected of being the man in the video, which purports to show him killing five people accused of being spies.
Dhar, a father of four, fled Britain in 2014 while out on bail after being arrested on suspicion of encouraging terrorism. He is believed to have traveled to Syria.
British Shadow Home Secretary Andy Burnham has called the case a “serious lapse in security.” Dhar had been ordered to turn in his passport, but instead he used it to depart the country on a bus to Paris, en route to Syria.
Read more: NBC News
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Watch: Protesters Destroy Confederate Monument in North Carolina to ‘Smash White Supremacy’
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- American Airlines Flight Bursts into Flames During Takeoff in Chicago
- ASHLEY MADISON FOUNDER: Emails Reveal His Wife Might Want to Divorce Him…
- 5 Legal Stupidities on the 9th Circuit Court Keeping it’s Ruling Against Trump’s Travel Ban