Iowa and New Hampshire Democrats are ‘feeling the Bern’ and Hillary Clinton is fading into his rear-view mirror, judging from a shocking poll released Sunday morning.
Clinton, the former secretary of state who some expected would waltz into next year’s Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia wearing coronation robes, is 20 percentage points behind Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders in New Hampshire.
Sanders has a natural advantage in the Granite State, which adjoins his home state of Vermont.
But even in Iowa, where Clinton has worked overtime to cast herself as an everywoman who would be the champion of ‘ordinary Americans,’ Sanders now leads her by 10 points.
The CBS News/YouGov poll’s 43-33 Iowa showing, and its more stunning 52-30 result in New Hampshire, point to a reality that Clinton’s campaign may not like: She’s losing her grip on her status as the ‘inevitable’ winner.
Hillary still leads in South Carolina by a sizable 46-23 margin, but that could change as Sanders spends more time in the Palmetto State. He has already put in more days campaigning in Iowa and New Hampshire than Clinton has.
Maryland’s former governor Martin O’Malley, himself a long-shot Democratic candidate for the presidency, quipped in March that in most election cycles, ‘there’s the “inevitable” front-runner and that inevitable front-runner is inevitable right up until he or she is no longer inevitable.’
It’s Sanders, though, and not O’Malley, who has benefited from Clinton’s tumble as she grapples with ethical and legal issues related to classified material found among emails she kept on a personal server at her home while she ran the State Department.
But the Vermont senator’s rise isn’t necessarily a singular reaction to Clinton’s scandal.
The CBS/YouGov poll found that three-quarters of Democratic voters across New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina said what has become known as ‘server-gate’ would ultimately have no bearing on their selection of a nominee in the primaries.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- NBA Star Charles Barkley Disses Confederate Statue Obsession — Tells Black Community to Focus on These 3 Things Instead
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated!’
- Steve Bannon Is Out From White House Position — Was He Fired?
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Antifa Protester in Virginia Attacked Journalist — Caused Concussion [Video]
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- Watch: President Trump Issues New Threat to North Korea, ‘Things Will Happen to Them Like They Never Thought Possible’
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”
- EPIC: Image Reveals What Happens to Your Body When Shooting a Gun
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant