The Supreme Court announced today it would hear oral arguments in seven cases where Christian organizations say Obamacare’s regulations violates a law protecting their religious liberty.
The federal Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, penalizes employers who don’t pay for employees’ healthcare, and it’s implementing regulations demand the healthcare also include “preventive care” services for abortions, sterilizations, and birth-control products and services.
Many companies are owned and operated by observant Christians and adherents of other pro-life faiths. They sued, alleging that HHS’s regulation violates the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA), as well as the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. In a watershed 2014 decision, the Supreme Court held by a 5-4 vote in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores that President Barack Obama’s HHS regulation violated RFRA, and therefore was illegal.
HHS next created what is called an “accommodation” for faith-based organizations, to avoid likely defeat when sued by religious nonprofit organizations, such as Catholic hospitals or Baptist universities. This allowed religious non-profits to sign a certification form expressing their religious objection, and so transfer their legal obligation to provide abortion-related drugs and services to the organization’s secular insurance carrier.
Read more: breitbart.com
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- Mugger Shot Down: Girl Shoots Man Trying to Steal Her Purse [VIDEO]
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- Boy Scouts Given a New ‘Politically Correct’ Name
- SECOND AMENDMENT WIN: Application of Gun Control Act Shot Down by Federal Appellate Court
- EX-CONVICT: Has a Few Choice Words for Cop Haters and It’s EPIC
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- Formerly Known Boy Scouts Loses Over 400,000 Members
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?