The Supreme Court announced today it would hear oral arguments in seven cases where Christian organizations say Obamacare’s regulations violates a law protecting their religious liberty.
The federal Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, penalizes employers who don’t pay for employees’ healthcare, and it’s implementing regulations demand the healthcare also include “preventive care” services for abortions, sterilizations, and birth-control products and services.
Many companies are owned and operated by observant Christians and adherents of other pro-life faiths. They sued, alleging that HHS’s regulation violates the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA), as well as the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. In a watershed 2014 decision, the Supreme Court held by a 5-4 vote in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores that President Barack Obama’s HHS regulation violated RFRA, and therefore was illegal.
HHS next created what is called an “accommodation” for faith-based organizations, to avoid likely defeat when sued by religious nonprofit organizations, such as Catholic hospitals or Baptist universities. This allowed religious non-profits to sign a certification form expressing their religious objection, and so transfer their legal obligation to provide abortion-related drugs and services to the organization’s secular insurance carrier.
Read more: breitbart.com
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Senator Apologizes for ‘Assassinate Trump’ Comment… Almost a Week Later
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should.
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Pastor is Now Demanding Removal of George Washington Statue Because He Owned Slaves…
- The Key to Basic Handgun Training? K.I.S.S. [Watch]
- All You Need To Know About “Assault” Rifles