Women in the World’s Tina Brown punted when asked for her opinion on allegations Bill and Hillary Clinton personally benefited by exploiting Clinton’s position in the State Department to solicit donations to the Clinton Foundation.
Brown, an outspoken Clinton supporter, offered no substantial defense of Clinton’s actions other than attempting to split Hillary Clinton from the Foundation’s actions. The former editor of Vanity Fair, the New Yorker, and the Daily Beast struggled to formulate a coherent retort to accusations of Clinton’s corruption.
“The Foundation is the Foundation and–you know, they are going to have to sort whatever it is they do out,” Brown said. “I mean, this woman is running for president now. We’ll see how she handles all of this.”
The Clinton Foundation remains a major foil for Clinton and her allies’ presidential ambitions. Brown’s decision not to side with Clinton on the issue may stem from the Foundation’s acceptance of money from foreign nations with severe policies against women’s rights, undermining Clinton’s position as a women’s advocate.
Read more: freebeacon.com
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- PRO GUN WIN: See How this Judge Just Changed the Game for Gun Owners
- GARY SINISE SHUTS DOWN LARRY KING: On Gun Control in the CLASSIEST Way Possible and We Love It [WATCH]
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall
- Watch: ‘Blue’ is the Best Documentary Against the Green Movement — Proves How They are Destroying the Earth
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer