North Carolina social service offices are now drug testing some welfare recipients and applicants.
The law requiring testing of any Work First recipient suspected of being a drug user was enacted in 2013. After a year’s delay in implementing the law, the state began requiring the testing in August.
Benefits for adults are cut off or reduced if a test is positive or if a test appointment is missed.
Read more: Fox News Insider
- WATCH: Ted Nugent Goes After David Hogg — ‘So Brainwashed’ He Can’t ‘be Fixed’
- Pelosi Kicks Off Campaign Season With Perfect Gift to GOP [WATCH]
- FRANCE TRAIN HERO: Spencer Stone was ‘Trying to Protect Woman being Beaten by Boyfriend’ Outside Gay Bar, What She Did Next is Shocking
- BREAKING: FBI, DOJ Broke Law in Clinton Email Probe — Inspector General Declares
- Rape Victim’s Revenge: Woman Cuts Off Her Rapist’s Penis, Flushes it Down the Toilet and Beats Him to Death with a Hammer
- Watch: Michelle Obama Calls Herself the ‘Forever First Lady’
- GET NAKED: Professor Challenges Students to Get In Touch with “Erotic Self” by Getting Naked for Final Exam
- WATCH: Body-Cam Footage Released of Police Hunting Down Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock
- Juan Williams HAMMERS CNN for Fake News Story that Hannity ‘Pulled a GUN’ on Him
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- Watch: FBI Informant Claims ‘Secret Society’ of Agents Against President Donald Trump is Real
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- Hillary Endorser ARRESTED for Buying Sex with Meth
- INSIDE THE CRIME SCENE: Chilling Photos of James Holmes’ Attack
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- KEEP WHITEY OUT: Black Students Don’t Want White Kids in Their Schools–Is This Racist?
- REPORT: Broward County School Board’s Alarming Neglect of School Safety