President Barack Obama is “an opportunist,” and a Hillary Clinton presidency would offer pretty much the same thing, “only more militant,” said Noam Chomsky, one of the world’s most prominent public leftist intellectuals, in an interview with conservative website WND.
Chomsky, assessing Obama’s performance, said he is not disappointed by the president because he “didn’t expect anything.”
Story Continued Below
“So, I’m not one of those who was disillusioned,” he said in the interview from his office at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge.
“I wrote about him before the primaries in 2008, simply using his Web page — the way he was presenting himself — and he seemed to me like an opportunist,” he added.
Chomsky also railed against the American health care system, calling the Affordable Care Act “a small step” forward, voicing support for a nationalized, government-paid system.
Read more: politico.com
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Bad Parents: Baby Found Starved Nearly To Death By Lazy Parents
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- Trump Ends Worst Obama-Era Policy: ‘America will not be held hostage to nuclear blackmail.’
- FBI HITS MOTHER-LOAD: Found 650,000 Clinton Emails On Weiner’s Computer — Warrant Obtained
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump