Twilight actress Kristen Stewart has found new love – with her personal assistant Alicia Cargile.
The star’s mum Jules Stewart has given her blessing to the relationship, which comes two years after Kristen, 25, split from long-term love Robert Pattinson, 29.
Jules, 55, told the Sunday Mirror she has met Alicia and that the couple are very happy together.
She added: “What’s not to be accepting about her now having a girlfriend? She’s happy.
“She’s my daughter, I’m just her mom so she knows I would accept her choices.
“I’ve met Kristen’s new girlfriend, I like her. What’s not to accept? She’s a lovely girl.”
Jules, who also has a Hollywood career as a script supervisor, added: “I feel like people need to be free to love whoever they want. I accept my daughter loves women and men. It’s OK to be who you are in my world. We all choose our friends so we should be free to choose our lovers.
“People are good to do whatever they like as long as they’re not hurting people or breaking the law.
“I have gay friends, family members, I’m accepting of people, we are all free to choose who we want to love.”
Martial arts nut Kristen’s relationship with Twilight co-star R-Patz ended after she was seen kissing married Rupert Sanders, 44, who directed her in Snow White and the Huntsman.
Since then she has kept her love life under wraps.
Meanwhile Pattinson is now said to be engaged to singer FKA twigs, 27 – and it was claimed this week he
will even invite Kristen to his wedding.
Jules said of Kristen’s new love: “They were a great couple, but she’s 25 years old and I’d like to see her have a lot more life experience before she chooses someone to settle down with.
“I’m very sad that Kristen and Robert didn’t have a chance to be alone together, they had to have the whole world with them and all the public stuff ruined everything, life became overwhelming.
“But Kristen has learnt to handle her emotions and deal with her problems through the martial arts.”
Kristen has previously talked of her increasingly close relationship with Alicia as speculation grew.
Asked about it by US chat show host Conan O’Brien in April, she said: “There’s so much isolation and protection that has to happen. So then you end up, kind of like, hiring a buddy, a confidante, like, somebody to organise your schedule, but in addition to that, like kind of like, live with you essentially.
“So yeah, it’s definitely more complicated than, ‘Go buy me tampons because I’m embarrassed to do it myself’.”
Read more: mirror.co.uk
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- WATCH: City Inspector Demands Store Owner REMOVE U.S. Military Flags, Insults Veteran at Store
- Professor Jubilant Over Barbara Bush’s Death: “I’m Happy the Witch is Dead” — Continues With Very Obscene Comments
- Breaking News: DOJ Submits Criminal Referral for Andrew McCabe — Leaked Info to “Advance Personal Interests”
- Barbara Bush Hating Professor: ‘Why I Can’t Stand White Belly Dancers’
- THE WOMAN OBAMA DIDN’T BOTHER TO SAVE: Escaped ISIS Sex Slave Reveals How U.S. Hostage Kayla Mueller was Brutally Tortured
- Watch: Mother and Daughter Defeat Armed Robber Because They Carry a Gun
- IT’S RIGGED?! Voters are Reporting Trump-Pence Choice is MISSING From Ballot
- David Hogg’s Newest “Boycott” Immediately Shutdown by Pro-Gun Activist Kyle Kashuv
- THE IRONY: Alexander Hamilton, Who Created the US Monetary System, to be Replaced by a Woman on the $10 Bill
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- DO THE MATH: The Most Expensive ‘Trump Wall’ Would Still be CHEAPER Than Illegal Immigration
- DEPLOYED: 5,000 Troops Roam the Streets of Britain to Prevent IMMINENT Follow Up Attack
- Zuckerberg: Facebook Censorship of YouTube Stars Diamond and Silk was ‘Enforcement Error’