Twilight actress Kristen Stewart has found new love – with her personal assistant Alicia Cargile.
The star’s mum Jules Stewart has given her blessing to the relationship, which comes two years after Kristen, 25, split from long-term love Robert Pattinson, 29.
Jules, 55, told the Sunday Mirror she has met Alicia and that the couple are very happy together.
She added: “What’s not to be accepting about her now having a girlfriend? She’s happy.
“She’s my daughter, I’m just her mom so she knows I would accept her choices.
“I’ve met Kristen’s new girlfriend, I like her. What’s not to accept? She’s a lovely girl.”
Jules, who also has a Hollywood career as a script supervisor, added: “I feel like people need to be free to love whoever they want. I accept my daughter loves women and men. It’s OK to be who you are in my world. We all choose our friends so we should be free to choose our lovers.
“People are good to do whatever they like as long as they’re not hurting people or breaking the law.
“I have gay friends, family members, I’m accepting of people, we are all free to choose who we want to love.”
Martial arts nut Kristen’s relationship with Twilight co-star R-Patz ended after she was seen kissing married Rupert Sanders, 44, who directed her in Snow White and the Huntsman.
Since then she has kept her love life under wraps.
Meanwhile Pattinson is now said to be engaged to singer FKA twigs, 27 – and it was claimed this week he
will even invite Kristen to his wedding.
Jules said of Kristen’s new love: “They were a great couple, but she’s 25 years old and I’d like to see her have a lot more life experience before she chooses someone to settle down with.
“I’m very sad that Kristen and Robert didn’t have a chance to be alone together, they had to have the whole world with them and all the public stuff ruined everything, life became overwhelming.
“But Kristen has learnt to handle her emotions and deal with her problems through the martial arts.”
Kristen has previously talked of her increasingly close relationship with Alicia as speculation grew.
Asked about it by US chat show host Conan O’Brien in April, she said: “There’s so much isolation and protection that has to happen. So then you end up, kind of like, hiring a buddy, a confidante, like, somebody to organise your schedule, but in addition to that, like kind of like, live with you essentially.
“So yeah, it’s definitely more complicated than, ‘Go buy me tampons because I’m embarrassed to do it myself’.”
Read more: mirror.co.uk
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- NYC Terrorist Speaks: Christmas Decorations Inspired Him to Attack
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- Family of NYC Terrorist Speak Out — They are ‘Outraged’ by NY Police
- WATCH: Kate Steinle Memorial Ruined by Violent Antifa Protesters
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- ALLAH ADIOS! Muslim Migrants FINALLY Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Photo Gallery
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face
- NYC Terrorist Akayed Ullah: ‘Trump You Failed to Protect Your Nation’
- Dangerous Standoff With Armed Robber and Father Ends With the Bad Guy Dying
- WATCH: Why LIBERAL WOMEN are Saying ‘F–k NO!’ To Voting Hillary — HILARIOUS
- Theresa May Targeted by Islamist Terrorists, Less Than a Week After Criticizing Trump
- New Muslim Barbie Comes Dressed in Hijab and Hatred Towards President Trump
- WATCH: Hundreds of Paratroopers Drop from Sky in Most Epic Display of ‘AMERICA’
- WATCH: Conceal Carry Reciprocity Bill Has Major Gun Control Bill Attached to it?
- ISIS Has Been Defeated