Controversy erupted over one of the songs students performed during a Minnesota public high school’s Thursday night holiday concert, “Eid un Sa’Eid – Zain Bhikha.” This Ramadan-inspired song included the phrase “Allahu Akbar,” Arabic for “God is Great,” Minnesota CBS affiliate WCCO 4 reported.
Christian and Jewish songs were reportedly performed by the Blaine High School chorale as was the Arabic song commemorating Ramadan, the Muslim holiday, which took place in June. It was slated to be sung during the audience participation portion of the concert, according to the Anoka-Hennepin School District in Blaine, Minnesota.
On Facebook, the parent of a ninth-grade Blaine choir student posted the lyrics to the Ramadan song the choir practiced, according to WCCO 4. Among the English language phrases in the song were “Thank you Allah for this blessed day,” “Muslims are singing praises to Allah,” “Remembering Allah,” and “All Praise for you Allah.”
The comments on this parent’s post over the Ramadan song reflected upset, according to WCCO 4. One person reportedly posted, “No child should be forced to sing a song about the Muslims and the religion of hatred.” A parent, who did not want to be identified, told the Minnesota TV news outlet that considering the recent events in Paris and San Bernardino, singing a song about Allah would be “insensitive.”
This may not be the first time the school has performed its winter holiday concert including “Allahu Akbar.” Under WCCO 4 comments on the Facebook posted news story, one woman wrote:
We attended a holiday chorale concert last year at Blaine High School, where they had seasonal songs from each of the main religions in between performances that the audience was invited to stand and sing together. All of a sudden I found us singing the words “Allahu Akbar” and I wondered about that and looked around and no one I saw looked alarmed. I’ve thought a lot about that since…one thing I realized is this is precisely how a student would feel in a class that could conceivably sing or pray a Christian song/prayer that was foreign to their religion. This is why we do not have led prayers and such in school…and I get that.
Read more: Breitbart
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- The Man Obama Rescued: Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Pleads Guilty to…
- WATCH: Hillary Clinton Greeted by a Swarm of ‘Boos’
- Awkward: Compilation Video of Celebrities Thanking Harvey Weinstein Goes Viral [WATCH]
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- Conceal Carrier Avoids Deadly Armed Robbery With One Quick Move [WATCH]
- WATCH: Nancy Pelosi Goes on Tirade Against Trump’s Executive Order, Busted for Not Reading It [LOL]
- ‘Taliban’ Hostages Return Home Revealing Gruesome Details — Reason Why They Were in Afghanistan Still Suspicious [Video]
- Report: Hillary Might Teach at Columbia — Social Media Explodes With Hilarious Reaction
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- Gun Grabbing ‘Logic’: Dianne Feinstein Claims Constitution Does NOT Protect Conceal Carry — All 40 Million Americans She Represents Would Never Want a… [VIDEO]
- Vegas Mass Shooter’s Father was ‘Psychopath’, on FBI’s Most Wanted List
- Building the World’s Smallest 10mm Pistol
- The End? Hundreds of ISIS Fighters Have…
- Worst Mass Shooting in American History: Kills at Least 50, Hundreds More Injured