Controversy erupted over one of the songs students performed during a Minnesota public high school’s Thursday night holiday concert, “Eid un Sa’Eid – Zain Bhikha.” This Ramadan-inspired song included the phrase “Allahu Akbar,” Arabic for “God is Great,” Minnesota CBS affiliate WCCO 4 reported.
Christian and Jewish songs were reportedly performed by the Blaine High School chorale as was the Arabic song commemorating Ramadan, the Muslim holiday, which took place in June. It was slated to be sung during the audience participation portion of the concert, according to the Anoka-Hennepin School District in Blaine, Minnesota.
On Facebook, the parent of a ninth-grade Blaine choir student posted the lyrics to the Ramadan song the choir practiced, according to WCCO 4. Among the English language phrases in the song were “Thank you Allah for this blessed day,” “Muslims are singing praises to Allah,” “Remembering Allah,” and “All Praise for you Allah.”
The comments on this parent’s post over the Ramadan song reflected upset, according to WCCO 4. One person reportedly posted, “No child should be forced to sing a song about the Muslims and the religion of hatred.” A parent, who did not want to be identified, told the Minnesota TV news outlet that considering the recent events in Paris and San Bernardino, singing a song about Allah would be “insensitive.”
This may not be the first time the school has performed its winter holiday concert including “Allahu Akbar.” Under WCCO 4 comments on the Facebook posted news story, one woman wrote:
We attended a holiday chorale concert last year at Blaine High School, where they had seasonal songs from each of the main religions in between performances that the audience was invited to stand and sing together. All of a sudden I found us singing the words “Allahu Akbar” and I wondered about that and looked around and no one I saw looked alarmed. I’ve thought a lot about that since…one thing I realized is this is precisely how a student would feel in a class that could conceivably sing or pray a Christian song/prayer that was foreign to their religion. This is why we do not have led prayers and such in school…and I get that.
Read more: Breitbart
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- Building the World’s Smallest 10mm Pistol
- BEN CARSON: Just Dropped this BOMB on Obama’s Lap [WATCH]
- JORAN VAN DER SLOOT: ‘Confesses’ to Murdering Natalee Holloway in Undercover Video